cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grey field for project definition and WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have created a project and WBS element in CJ01. Now I go via CJ02 to the change mode and the project ID and WBS element ID is not greyed out. But I would like that the system shows these key fields as not changeable anymore, only fields like description should be changable. Can you please tell me, which customizing step I missed to get the grey field for project ID/WBS element ID?

FYI I do not use a project mask to create the project.

Thanks for your answer.

Heidi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

u have to create a user status which disallow this transaction.

1) create a user status profile wirth the user status, ex: "GRY" - gryout WBS & proj Definition code.

2)Provide the objects relevant for this status

3)go the transaction control and check the respective transaction

4) Assign the status profile to the project profile, if its a new project

5) if its a old project assign the status profiel for each object.

Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I have created the user status and created a new project with the info user status (GREY). But where do I define now, that the field project ID and WBS element is not modifiable? - With a validation rule on the user status?

As object I assigned project and WBS element.

Can you provide me more info?

Thanks a lot.

Heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the business control for changing the WBS element ID, but not for the project ID itself. Anybody knows it for project ID???

heidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

for the status profile provide the Project Definition as the object for which the busniess transaction what u want will get activated.

regards

murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi ,

I don't think you can grey out the Project Definition and the WBS Element fields after the creation .

If you want to restrict the users to change the Proj definition and WBS , a better way is through

Authorization objects and restricting only specified users to change the WBS

Kish