cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help Me regardign DI Server License Cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Every One,

Can you please tell me about DI Server License Cost, By Default DI Server License Valid for 15 days. It is not possible after every 15 days. register DI Server with new License.

Any body please provide me the License cost of DI Server, for longer validity.

Waiting for positive reply.

Thanks in advanced.

Shubha

Edited by: Shubhajyoti Ghosh on Aug 6, 2008 3:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200818
Contributor
0 Kudos

DI Server License is required for running the SAP Business One Data Interface Server (DI Server).

The DI Server is a COM service running on a server that enables multiple clients to access and manipulate SAP Business One company database, using SOAP messages. The DI Server enables the same functionality as provided by the DI API, but for multiple concurrent connections.

The DI Server license employs a concurrent, unlimited model. The number of licenses is determined by the number of CPUs in the DI Server. Each CPU requires one DI Server license. Note that, if you have four CPUs and only two licenses, the DI Server will run on two CPUs only, the other CPUs will be blocked.

The number of users that can connect to a single DI Server license is unlimited and should be determined based on the expected performance of the system.

You need to purchase DI Server license seperately. Please contact your local SAP field for prices for your region.

When you exceed number of licenses as per your SAP contract, you will be receiving temporary license for 14 days.

Hope this information is helpful.

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubha,

What kind of B1 license do you have? If you have Professional license, you don't need separate license for DI Server.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your comment. But I want longer license validity. not for 15 days only. For that reason I ask for DI Server License cost. I have professional license for B1. but for the DI Server license, it is valid for 15 days.

Waiting for positive reply.

Thanks in advanced.

Shubha

Edited by: Shubhajyoti Ghosh on Aug 7, 2008 8:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose you get an error saying that "Module<DI-Server (DIS)expired on<date>"...

If so please regenerate the license, and problem persists contact SAP for the same.

Regards,

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Yes, Exactly I am getting this message. When login to SAP using SAP Client. But why you say it is an Error Message ?.

It seems to me, it is an normal System Message from SAP, with license expire information.

Can you please tell me, why you say it is an Error Message.

Waiting for your positive reply.

Thanks in advanced.

Shubha

Edited by: Shubhajyoti Ghosh on Aug 7, 2008 10:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose that you have downloaded a 15 day license which will expire after 15 days. You cannot work after this date.

Ask your Administrator to download license key which is valid till 31/12/9999 from the SAP Portal.

You can find the validity of license component from

Administration -> License -> License Administration -> Components Tab' which lists the license type and on selection of License Type the right side window displays the 'Total Number', 'Available Licenses', 'Start Date' , and 'Expiration Date'.

You can contact your Implementation partner to download the licenses with proper validity.

or else log a message in SAP Support Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the license Administration --- Component tab, I found.

License Start Date Expiration Date

-

DI-Server (DIS) 28/07/08 - 12/08/08

Compatibility License for AddOns 28/07/08 - 31/12/99

Professional User 28/07/08 - 12/08/08

SAP AddOns 28/07/08 - 12/08/08

Software Development Kit - Development Version 28/07/08 - 31/12/99

Software Development Kit - Implementation Version 28/07/08 - 12/08/08

SDK Tools 28/07/08 - 12/08/08

So according the record---- DI-Server (DIS) license validity upto : 12/08/08

How I increase that date?

Edited by: Shubhajyoti Ghosh on Aug 7, 2008 1:04 PM

Edited by: Shubhajyoti Ghosh on Aug 7, 2008 1:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your Administrator or Implementation Partner to download a new license key which is valid till 31/12/9999 from the SAP Portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am asking for DI Server License. Please tell me where I found DI Server License , which is valid for 31/12/9999

Please tell me the exact way

Former Member
0 Kudos

besicall we are giving 31/12/9999 in the License portal, but SAP give the 15 days license. Do u have unlimited DI Server License?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally we download the license for the following componets;

Professional User

Compatibility License for AddOns

SAP AddOns

SDK Tools

Software Development Kit - Implementation Version

Software Development Kit - Development Version

CRM Sales User (Standalone)

CRM Service User (Standalone)

We don't download for 'DI Server' . I really dont know what is the use of this Component - DI Server .

May be you can post this to Support Portal, so that they would explain you the use of this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your licensing information, it is clear that you have had only a 15 day temporary license for your B1 not only for DI Server.

It means, you will no longer have access to B1 in 5 days.

Something wrong with your license, you can not increase the days by anyone other than from SAP official portal.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

How do I retrieve information on my Customer Account Number for the SAP B1 professional license that was procured by my organisation over 5 years back?

We have tried checking with our implementation partner based out of Mumbai, India, but haven't got any assistance or help in the matter. What's adding to the problem is the fact that the SAP B1 license was procured more than 4 years back and we do not have any details on the account filed in our system.

Request your help.

Thanks,

KK