cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage decision problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am stuck here in giving authorization to record usage descion to user,i have given authorization to qa32,the can do

1.Change inspection lot

2.change inspection result

But they are not able to do change usage decision ,as when loged into that page,selecting the usage decision catalog it gives message that"""" You have no authorization for Catalog entry""""

I have given authorization of qs41 and qs51 also still the message is coming.

Right help will be awarded Good points

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responce dear,I Have issued t-code what you said and even qs51,selecting catalog( usage descion) and i get pop up that """""" you dont have authorisation for 3 code group(s) in catalog 3.....""""""""

even i have issued qs51,and qs52,qs58,qs59 also friends can we do without any help of basis person,with any Tcode...

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. you need to provide authorizations to the Usage decison code groups being used.

My guess is that the UD codes were created in a plant different then where the inspection lot is being processed. This is not unusal as many places create the UD codes in a Master data plant so the don't have to create a selected set in each plant and so all plants abide by the same UD codes and you can use the UD codes across plants to perform some basic statistics on. You can't do that if all the plants have their own individual ud codes unles you have some manual process to make sure no one mucks around with them over the years.

In order to utilize those codes, you must give user access to the master data plant as well.

Craig

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usage decision transaction behind QA32/33 is really QA11 and QA12. Those are the transactions the user normally needs.

In addition, you need to check if a material authorization group has been maintained in the plant's QM view of the material. If the is a material group specified, the user must have security access for that material authorization group. You can use F1 on the field for additional help.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

when system gives error " not authorization" to the user to select usage decision , user should

check in tcode SU53 in the next screen there is object you can find

out that object and give that object to basis consultant to give

authorization of that object.

Regards

Pravin

Edited by: pravin dhokey on Aug 6, 2008 3:45 PM