cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace the gross price with a promotional price with posting the differenc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create a new discount condition type that will replace the gross price with a promotional price. The difference between the gross price and promotional price must be posted in a discount G/L account.

Example :

Gross price : 100,99$

If the customer buy more than 10 of this material (qty >10) then the price should be 89,99$ and the 11$ difference should be posted in a discount G/L account.

I've searched in the forum and found no information on that. I've tried to look at all the standard SAP condition types to see if one is matching my needs but didn't find.

I've also searched in the OSS.

Replacing the gross price with a promotional price is no big deal but posting the difference in a separate discount G/L account : i don't know how to do it.

Could you help me, please ?

Thanks in advance.

Myriam Catrycke.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be controlled by maintaining scales for Discount for material based on quantity. This can be maintained in Scale (Step type symbol) in T.Code VK11 / VK12 for Discount Condition.

Condition Types:

 The condition type determines the category of a condition and how it is used.

 The calculation type and the scale base type can be controlled for each condition type.

For Example: Scale for Condition Type PROO

1 pieces 800 uni

10 pieces 750 uni

100 pieces 700 uni

 Possible scale base types - Possible calculation types

Value - Percentage from an initial value Fixed amount

Quantity - Amount per unit of measure

Weight - Amount per unit of weight

Volumes - Amount per unit of volume

Time period - Quantity per unit of time

 Each condition type can be set as an automatic surcharge, discount or either.

 Condition Type in Pricing Procedure can be set as Manual, Mandatory or Statistical, as per requirement..

 Condition types: A calculation or formula used for a component of pricing.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no problem with the quantity scales so i can configure the condition type so that it will set a new price depending on the quantity. My problem is how to post the difference between the normal price and the promotional price in a discount G/L account.

My user don't want to setup a discount amount but rather want to set up a new price and so i have to calculate the difference between the promotional price and the normal price and post it in a discount G/L account. Is there a standard SAP way to do this or do i have to program a user exit ?

Thanks.

Myriam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may be possible. Create a separate Account key for this Discount Condition Type. This will enable to post in a separate G/L account.

IMG> Sales & Distribution> Basic Function> Account Assignment / Costing> Revenue Account Determination> Define & assign Account Keys> Define Account Keys

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer but :

Suppose i have gross price PR00 : 100,99 $. Revenue account will be 100.99 $ and it is OK

I setup a condition type that will replace this price instead of 100,99 the price will now be 89,99 so the condition value will be 89,99 and not 11 $ and i will post 89.99 in the discount G/L account

or maybe what i can do if i put a formula on the pricing procedure to calculate the difference between the gross price and promotional price so that the condition value will be 11 $ instead of 89,99$ but my user will not see the price of 89,99$, he will see only the 11$ discount amount even if he has entered the 89,99$ in the condition record.

I have to check with my user if this solution will be acceptable.

Thanks

Myriam