cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run GUI with different saplogon.ini files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to create two different saplogonpad shortcuts for some users. One with entries for connection via LAN and another one for connection via a VPN client. Can anyone tell me how to configure saplogonpad shortcuts to use different ini files?

Thanks in advance

A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

fantastic, thank you. This worked for me superbly. Im using this method as a workaround for now.

to simplify the instructions do the following: (it works on SAP Gui 7.10, not sure of any older releases)

Create a notepad file called saplogon2.bat

Copy the below to the bat file and save it.

echo off

set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\SAP\SAPsetup\setup

set SAPLOGON_INI_FILE=c:\windows\saplogon2.ini

SapStart /sal="C:\Program Files\SAP\SApSetup\setup\SAL\SapLogon.s8l"

Now create a shortcut on your desktop which points to the bat file (wherever you saved it).

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm guessing here but I would assume you could try creating a batch file(one for each configuration) pointing to the usual target for the saplogon pad but in the beginning of the batch file execute the set variable SAPLOGON_INI_FILE and point it to the file you want to use.

Regards,

Nelis

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Out of curiousness I tried it and it worked:

echo off
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\SAP\SAPsetup\setup
set SAPLOGON_INI_FILE=c:\windows\saplogon2.ini
SapStart /sal="C:\Program Files\SAP\SApSetup\setup\SAL\SapLogon.s8l"

Just create a saplogon2.bat with the above and point it to another saplogon.ini file and then create shortcuts on desktop.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for taking the trouble, but this doesn't work for me. I get the message "sapstart not recognized as internal command or batch file". When I checked it, I saw that our GUI installation doesn't have a C:\Program Files\SAP\SAPsetup\setup folder. Which version of GUI are you using?

A.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using 7.10. Just do a search for the file SapStart.exe and then change the PATH according to it's location. The properties of the saplogon pad icon should give you a hint where the "Target" directory is which you will need to execute with SapStart.exe.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our users have GUI 6.40, but the strange thing is that even my test machine for GUI 7.10 doesn't have sapstart.exe file on it.

Anyway, I managed to do what I needed in another way, so in case anyone is interested:

Create a shortcut to saplgpad.exe and then edit it's properties

Add /INI_FILE="C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\INIfiles\saplogon.ini" to the target field.

In my case, it looked like this:

"C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\saplgpad.exe" /INI_FILE="C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\INIfiles\mysaplogon.ini"

Nelis, thanks, your idea steered me in the right direction.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, I'm using SAPGUI 710 patch level 9 for interest. Don't forget 6.40 is out of maintenance from 14th October 2008, see [Note 147519|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/147519]

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont think it is possible at workcenter / desktop level

Samrat