cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ transport to an air-gapped system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We had previously configured CTS+ to work, enabling transport from development system to QA.

However, our production environment is airgapped from the dev servers for security reasons.

We copied the cofiles and datafiles to the corresponding folders in production, and did the following configurations in the prod server:

1. install CTS Deploy Web Service in JAVA stack of the TMS host

2. Configure HTTP Connection CTSDEPLOY in SM59 in the TMS host

3. Configure Logical Port for the web service in transaction LPCONFIG

4. Defined and configured non-abap TARGET system in STMS

The Transport Requests can be added to the buffer of the non-abap system. However, when I try to import those TRs, the transport started, and then nothing happened. The log files do not show anything.

Anyone has any idea on why this is so? Can CTS+ work on a system that is airgapped from its source?

Did I miss out on any configuration steps?

Thanks for all the help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Srihari:

I have attached the epa file to the transport request, which is why i am able to transport to my QA environment which is on the same network.

I have also created the non-abap system in STMS_QUEUE.

Matt:

I copied the cofiles and datafiles to the corresponding ones in the solution manager transport directory. I chose Solution Manager as it is a dual stack system, which is recommended in the CTS+ guide.

For CTS+, there are additional .epa files attached which are also stored in the data folder. Similarly, I copied this folder as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Yes, but how did you copy them? FTP? If so, did you use binary format?

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

My App server is a windows 2003 server, so I just copied the files through copy and paste. As the server is airgapped, I moved them using a thumbdrive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody can help please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

You say that the log files do not show anything. Do you mean just the log files for the transport, or also the tp logs such as ALOG and SLOG? Do you see tp starting at the OS level when you attempt the import?

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Go thru this [Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/ec25370fdc3481e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm]. You will get the details.

You can use this for your reference.

Check this document - [How to set-up and use the CTS+ in Portal Environment|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90d3b550-b6fb-2910-0fa5-ece5d61fb9c3].

This is the document for Best practices to implement CTS+ => [Link|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10456aac-44f7-2a10-1fbe-8b7bcd7bcd58]

Actually I was going thru the details on CTS+ and found the above. Thought these might help you.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srihari for the links.

Actually I have already gone through these guides and had successfully set up CTS+ for systems in the same network, that is our Development and QA systems. However, our production system is airgapped from the Dev environment.

When I tried configuring CTS+ for this, the Transport Requests can be added to the buffer of the non-abap system. However, when I try to import those TRs, the transport started, and then nothing happened. The log files do not show anything also.

The guides do not address the issue of the systems being airgapped from one another.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

1. Have you attached epa files to Transport Orders (Sec 5.1 of the document - "How to set-up and use the CTS+ in Portal Environment.")

2. created iView for Transaction STMS_QUEUE (Sec 5.2 of the document - "How to set-up and use the CTS+ in Portal Environment.")

May be you have missed out this.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

What method did you use to copy the transports to the production server?

Best Regards,

Matt