cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Monitoring - csmreg user settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Y'all,

We are having problems with our alerts triggering. All the essential settings according to alert setup is done.

1.Alert category set in ALRTCATDEF

2.Rules set up

3.SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET has been scheduled as a back ground job.

4.RSALERTPROC pgm is also scheduled as background job.

Still we are unable to see the alerts. They are seen if the RSALERTTEST is run manually but there is no automatic trigerring.

We are in SP11, therefore when we look at the End-To-End information in Message monitoring it is showing nothing instead it MUST show "Available" link to enable triggering of alerts.

We have set Frequency in further settigs of End To End monitoring to "5 minutes" and yet we can't see the report SPI_PS_ASSEMBLE_DSP execute.

I checked the settings according to the "How to monitor XI" guide and found that the CSMREG settings in alert framework is missing. Is this required to be complete as per the guide??

Any advise is appreciated..

-Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

- did you set your monitored component to medium level?

- can you see anything in SLG1?

did you go the question 16 (integration engine section)?

16. My alerts don't work - what should I check?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Your blogs have been my saviour!!

I have set the monitoring level(Integration server) to High from Medium..Still I am unable to see the alerts in SLG1.

I checked end to end monitoring and it says Monitoring activated..What else am I missing??

When I click on process overview , I am getting a JAVA.NULL POINTER EXCEPTION with an option of "STOP JNET" or restart..Is this a contributing factor??

Also in message monitoring, In end-to end information , when I click on it , it says "No monitoring information available for this message"..

According to note 913858, for SP< 14, the end-To-end information column in message monitoring must carry an "Available" link..I can't see this..

I am pretty confused on what I am missing, though it looks like I have set up everything possible..

What is the puspose of SPI__PS_ASSEBLE_DSP?? The "How to Monitor "..guide says that setting the frequency in further settings of End-to-end monitoring will schedule this report..But in my job log, I do not see this report scheduled...If I try to run it manually it says "Internal Process"..

-Teresa

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa,

As far as I remember alerts with sp11 are still based on PMI

maybe have a look at this PMI faq:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/24/91d84c42ae6f489cc640900fac1007/content.htm

to see it there's anything elase you need to check

(there are also some questions about PMI troubleshooting over there)

now alerts are not even based on PMI from sp14 I believe...

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All PMI settings look good..I am still doubtful on the CCMS settings as given in the "How to guide.."..What kind of Alert framework that need to be check and also from End-End Monitoring perspective..???

I am kind of curious may be something got missed in these..

-Teresa

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

about PMI can you check

TCODE SPIP if there were any errors reported?

- Select logs of all process types

or restrict it to the process type XI domain ****

BTW

did you set in SXMB_ADM - specific config:

MONITOR - PMI_MONITORING with value 1?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I generated a mapping exception error type and looked at SPIP transaction. Everything is in "GREEN" for process type xidomain***. Also the PMI_MONITORING has been set 1 but I also obderved the CCMS_MONIOTRING parameter is 0. Although we do not use CCMS will this affect?

-Teresa