Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM ( BILL OF MAT)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

Greetings for the Day!

I AM GETTING PROBLEM IN EXPLOSTION OF BILL OF MATARIAL

I HAVE EXTENDED THE BOTH PARNET AND CHILD MATARIAL TO PLANT AND FORGOT TO DEFINE BOM IN CS01 . I HAVE CREATED A SALES ORDER PUNCHING THE PARANT CODE OF THE BOM WHOSE ITEM CAT GRP IS "ERLA" . SINCE THE BOM NOT DEFINED SYSTEM GIVES A WARNING MESSAGE THAT "SYSTEM DID NOT FIND VALID BILL OF MATAIRIAL" MSG NO. V1113 . BUT SYSTEM ALLOWS TO SAVE THE ORDER AND CREATE THE BILL SINCE PRICE IS DEFINED IN HEADER LEVEL. AFTER ANALYSING THE BILL IT IS FOUND THAT NO PGI HAPPENED FOR THE CHILD MATARIAL SINCE BOM WAS NOT EXPLODED .

PLEASE ADVISE HOW TO STOP THIS PROBLEM AND SYSTEM SHOULD STOP ME FROM BILLING IF BOM IS NOT DEFINED FOR THE PLANT .

Thanks n Regards,

Jack

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Choudhury

I think there is problem in the BOM material.

So you check it.

BOM material must be created in t.code CS01, where you specify the material, plant,and BOM Usage "5",then it is relevant for SD.

In the next scren,specify the "Item category for BOM material" like "stock item-L" ,non-stock item etc as applicable.

Specify the sub-items/components and the quantity & save it.

Now go to the material master of the BOM material in change mode(MM02) and change the "Item category group " as ERLA (if you want the main item to be pricing relevant) or LUMF (if you want each sub-items/components should be priced) and save it.

If you have put ERLA as Item category group , then Item category of the main item will be TAQ and that of sub-item will be TAE.

Here, main item will be priced.

If you have used LUMF as item category group for the BOM material , then when it will explode, main item will have item category as TAP (not relevat for price) and sub-item will have TAN (relevant for price)

Lastly, check the Item category TAQ and TAP in t.code VOV7, in the field "Structure scope" value should be "A" , so that it will allow the BOM material to explode.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In order to prevent this problem, you have to enable the delivery groups for the main item and the components. The relevant item categories should be enabled for delivery groups. In this case, the delivery will happen only if all the components are available. If one of them is not available, then delivery is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

cancel the billing and again cobine material thru cs01.

Best regards,

venkataamy,.y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

If u don't made any delivery then u can delete the sales order simply and go back to create BOM in Plant by using CS01.

if u did Sales process till billing then u hav to reverse the sales process (VF11-VL09-VL02-VA02)and then u hav to create CS01.

thanks and plz revert me back

mk