cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print the content of a DynPro Window?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any DynPro (Or SAP) package that can print the current window content? If yes, can anyone please show me a code example?

Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to the following thread:

~Jhansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roy,

Printing content of the window is almost always not a solution. Personally, I hate sites where articles are not available in printer-friendly format (either via separate page or CSS with media type printer).

With WebDynpro it is even worse -- does end user really expect all this buttons, complex tables, combo boxes etc.?

My advise is to either:

1. Create Adobe PDF for user to download and print

2. Create printer-friendly HTML and open it in external window

3. Create MS Excel file to download.

First and third options are well documented in SDN docs / tutorials, the second option is very easy to implement: take my code for transforming context tree to XML and apply necessary XSLT template. This way you may get HTML output in printer friendly form.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systesm

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Let's say I want to pring the DynPro window as it is (with the buttons ect.) but not through the browser print option but using Java code. How do I do that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

For my current proyect we had that need and the Software Factory people solved that using a hidden iFrame and sending the javascript code for printing from there.

Hope it Helps,

Kind Regards!

Gerardo J

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should be a Portal service for printing, or am I wrong?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Armin,

AFAIK there isn't.

Could you please show me a code example of that service or at least direct me to it's name?

Regards,

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does n't the javaScript window.print() work in the portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haven't tried it but even if it does how do I combine it in a Web DynPro application?