cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Behaviour of an inspection characteristic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please help me in this issue.

The requirement is the behaviour of the inspection characteristic to be different in different material lots. Take for instance:

X- Inspection characteristic.

Now this inspection characteristic is being used in two different material lots say: TO2707 & TO2909. Now the requirement is that these inspections characteristic 'X' to behave in different manner to both of the material lots. Now as this inspection characteristic is being referenced in the inspection plan for the two materials it is not possible to behave like this.

So,

This is my client requirment which I think is not really possible. what do you think.

Regards,

vivek sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vivek,

I think u can use material specifiaction for the materials instead of using the inspection plans.

create the MIC with the copy model and create the material specification there u can change the tolerances of the same characterisitcs.

revert in case any doubt.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for the response.

But please let me know whether this is possible in my first thread.

I mean in my situation.

REgards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Material Specification is Material specific. create the material specification for the different materials with the same MIC and u can change the tolerances in the material specification.

try in test server and revert.

I think this will suitable for ur requirement.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

We are not using material specification. So is it possible with inspection plans as such.

Regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

are u maintaining the different inspection plans for the different material? if yes then you can chnge the values of MIC in inspection plan too.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Yes we are maintaining different inspection plans for different material.

So I assume you understand my issue well. So how to solve it .

Regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Set your MIC as Incomplete Copy Model (In QS23).

Then you can use the MIC in different ways to each inspection plan.

E.g.

For I.Plan 10000001, the X Mics is used as Qualitative.

For I.Plan 10000002, the Same X Mics can be used as Quantitative

See this much flexibility is available, then changing limits, inspection plan wise is very little requirement.

Rather I can say you can do it in the same inspection plan also.

Refer the below pasted link of[Wiki|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/SameParameters-DifferentSpecifications]

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

I had even mailed you.

So this way it can be done, Have you understood my issue.

I will like explain a little more.

My client is using this Insp. char. in different materials.

Now for one meterial he wants that the decimal point shiould be up 2 significant point,while for other material it should be upto 3 sinificant point.

So is this possible as it is the same insp. char. which is being referenced in the different inspection plans.

Please advice.

Regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Vivek,

It is absolutely possible.

As I have told you, to set your MIC Status as "Incomplete Copy Model"

Best Way You can do is, prepare a test scenario, for your client, in testing server. The process should flow this way.

- Create an MICs. E.g; Test01: Decimal point: Don't provide any value.

- Keep it as "Incomplete Copy Model". (See F4 help at the Status)

- Create an Inspection plan for Material A & One more for Material B

- In inspection plan for material A keep the decimal point for MIC Test01 as 2 and for inspection plan of Material B as decimal point 3.

Conclusion: -

There is 100% no need to have two different MICs, you can set their parameters in the inspection plan as per requirement.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

I just went see the MIC. But that is already in 'Incomplete copy model'

So still shuld I try what u said

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Dear Go Ahead,

Assign the MIC to two different I.Plans.

Set the Parameters,different for the MIC in both the plans.

It will work.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyma,

Can you please help me in doing this.

regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

- Run trx QS21. And Create an MIC. Dont set any parameters to the MIC here. Not the control indicator even. Just Set is as Quantitative or Qualitative. Save

- Now run trx QP02. and enter the material plant etc and enter the further details and go to MIC over view screen.

- Attach the MIC just created.

- Select the MIC line item and click on the control indicator and activate it according to the relavancy.

- And assign the limits or Selected set.

Do the same with another inspection plan.

You will see the singal MIC will work with different limits for two inspection plans.

Revert if further inputs required.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shymal,

Iam not able to attach an inspection plan to the insp. lot.

I have with the usage,status.

They are all fine.

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

I tried the things suggested by you.They are working.

Now when I am trying for the client. there is some issue.

They are using inspection points. which I am not much conversent with.

So can you please help me with the same issue with inspection points .

REgards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

There may be several reasons,,, Check.........

- The Date, Date Of Inspection plan must be prior than lot.

- Material Assignment to the inspection plan.

- As you said the usage and the status of inspection plan is as per the requirement. Correct.

But above all have you succeeded assign the same MIC with different specification limits to two different inspection plans???????

If yes then let me know was may reply use full to you?

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal

As per this thread I am just curious to ask question,if possible provide solution

For example i am creating a MIC with incomplete ,and assign the the same MIC in 2 different inspection plans one with quantitative and another with qualitative

later I client wants to know what are MIC's are qualitative and Quantitative ?

How to find out ?

can you please provide solution for this issue( how to segrecate the qual /quanti MIC's also)

Thanks

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sami,

There are more than one way to trace it out. But herewith I am giving you the easiest one

- You should run trx CWBQM.

- Feed the Work Area, "Q_OPR_000000000010: - Operation, material-routing alloc., lock"

- Click on the Additional Selection Criteria.

- Here enter the MIC Number/s you need to extract the data for.

- Press Cntr+F7 Or click on the MIC icon on the first option bar of the screen.

- Now it will give you the Entire details of the MIC, it's used wise.

The only additional workout we need to do is, hence we have selected the Work Are at operation level, it will give us the details of all the MICs attached to that operation. So what you just need to do is Short the screen from MIC number.

Or You can develop your customized layout.

Regards,

Shyamal

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shyamal

Thanks for your quick response

it solves

as you said is there any other approach apart from this?

please share with us

Thanks

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

I am able to assigne the MIC to two material in the inspection plan.

But when I am trying to do the result recording,System ask for inspection point & moreover there are no inspection characterictic reflecting .

Please Advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Inspection points are the feature that guides the system "What to Do?" I mean hoe the result recording to be done with,

Either against Physical Sample or Freely defined inspection points or the RR\inspection is being done based on some event or Time etc.

Pls read the "F1" help for that field. that will make your concept more clear.

But the easier way to get-read off it is,

Check what is the value you have feed in as inspection point at Inspection plan header level, it must be 100 - reely-defined inspection point, That is why it is asking for inspection points.

So just provide some text or number (Logical Off course), there in Result Recording, that represents the RR or Inspection is done on what basis.

E.g. Inprocess-01, Recurring-May'08, etc.

Then you will able to see the Characteristic, and even then after you can't see it check the Indicator "Record Measured Values"

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

I am able to the steps till UD. Now when I am try to see the QATR by QC21. I am not able to see the certificate profile.

I have created a new profile of QATR type.

Here i have assigned two material, a layout, inspection characteristc& released the same.

Then did the assignment by QC15.

Still no help.

Please advice.

regrads,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

Finally I am able to do what you asked me to do.

But still nothing is happening.

Untill unless I make any change in the MIC in QS23 there is no change in the quality certificate.

So that means it doesn't matter whatever value for decimal points I give in the inspection plan there is no effect in the certificate .

Please advice.

Regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Your this belief is correct. Because the COA picks the values from the MIC Master (QS21/22/23) via Profile. Not from the MIC in inspection plan.

To make the COA to read the values from inspection plan you need all customized development and lot of ABAP work.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shymal,

Now I have to check the possibility for doing this change.

Basically the change in the logic of value fetching of COA from MIC to Inspection plan.

How to do it. please advice some thing.

Regards,

vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

I am able to simulate this with Incomplete model.

But now I want to use class charateristic in this inspection characteristic.

But as I try to assign a characteristic to the MIC it changes to reference characteristic .Now why is this happening?

Please advice furhter.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, Dear Vivek, It's not possible...... When you create an MIC with referring it to some Class Characteristic, it can't be a "Incomplete Copy model", that will be purely Reference MIC only. Then and then only it can the Result values of MIC migrates from RR to Batch. Regards, Shyamal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

completed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now as I need to know how to make it possible that the COA picks the value from the inspection plan & not from the MIC.