cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF Ques Stuck in READY State on R3 Inbound for no Reason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Question pertains to CIF Processing and Ques waiting in READY State from R3 to SCM-APO for no Apparent Reason.

Our Orders (PRs, STOs) generated via APO are being sent to R3 correctly, getting generated in R/3 but not coming back with the PR/STO Number back to APO. Stuck in R3 inbound.

I've read a couple of articles on SDN on this.

Apart from the Standard CIF Configuration, and Settings in SMQR and SMQS (Qin & Qout Scheduler) for retrying Stuck Ques to be processed, is there anything else that can be looked at ? Any Consulting Notes on this Topic ?

SCM-APO version 4.0 on latest Support Pack.

R3 4.6c and Plugin compatible. Not on most latest SP.

Thanks,

Ambrish Mathur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know that your problem is also resolved. CPEP* means the "External Procurement" related Ques were not Registered . I guess when I said SMQR & SMQS needs to be setup I assumed they have been setup for CF* Ques related to APO. For BI/BW, CRM these Ques have different naming conventions. You are right these need to be setup individually.

Thanks for all the contributions from everyone. Since the Issue is resolved for everyone involved ... I am closing this Question.

Regards,

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Yes our Problem is resolved now. The Solution was Technical in Nature and not functional (as you can logically expect).

Assuming your Basis Team has properly setup the QIN and QOUT Scheduler on BOTH sides (APO and R3) ...

Also in QIN and QOUT the Time to RETRY a Que is set to something low as every 5 minutes and retry 10 times.

(However this was not the main issue for us).

We found in our Case since the R3's Support Pack and Plug-In were not upgraded due to many depandancies to other Projects ... we found that the QRFC Versions on the R3 side were a few sub versions behind the APO QRFC Version since APO was on Latest Support Pack on SCM 4.

The BASIS Group downloaded and Installed the Latest QRFC version and the Problem was subsequently resolved.

QRFC Version can be found in Transaction SMQ1 / SMQ2 -> Menu Path Information -> Version.

We are now at QRFC ver. 6.30.060, Supplement # 11.

Hope you find this usefull and it resolves your issue. Do revert back if it does.

Regards,

Ambrish Mathur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Ambrish. We'll check with Basis and update.

Hai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

It turns out our qRFC version is already the most updated version. There's nothing more we can do here.

But finally Basis has found out that the problem is because the Queue CFEP*, are not registered in SMQR. After the registration, the issue is resolved.

Hai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Please check there is no such Program or Transaction in our APO or R3 System (/sapapo/rcifstart). We are using SCM-APO ver 4.0 and R/3 ver 4.6c.

Also the RSQIWKEX and RSQOWKEX Programs are nothing but the Qin and Qout Scheduler already setup and running as mentioned in the Question.

All,

Just to clarify ...

when I Reactivate the Ques in READY State in APO Inbound Ques they Clear thru successfully without any Error and Update APO. (Order generated by APO went to R3 created a PR/Planned Order in R3 and on it's way back to APO stays in APO Inbound).

The Question is WHY ARE THEY even coming in the READY State at all in the first place.

Please help ASAP where else should I look ...

Thanks,

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ambrish

Pls check the setting in CFC1 in R3. By default the setting for queue type is OUTBOUND. In case if it is INBOUND, then data gets trabsferred from R3 to APO. but if not enough space is available in APO, then the data stays in APO Inbound for some time and move gradually later point in time

So, pls check this, if it INbound then change it to OUTBOUND and then try

regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

We ran into the same issue. Would you please update us what was your final solution on this? Have you applied some notes?

Thank you very much.

Hai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use program /SAPAPO/RCIFRESTART to reactivate the stuck CIF queues.

And also run reports 'RSQOWKEX', 'RSQIWKEX' to activate the stuck in Outbound and inbound queues and I think it should resolve your problem.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Naga