cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Authentification via Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a web application that retrieves user's information from a SAP Netweaver system. The communication works via SOAP and webservices. Before the web application starts to retrieve the information of the Netweaver system he has to authenticate the user. My plan is a simple logon mask, where the user can enter his Netweaver logon data (user and password). These arguments are then transferred via SOAP to the Netweaver system, which evaluates if both arguments match and then returns the User ID of the user.

My question is: Does anyone of you know, if there is one or more existing eSOA web services defined in Netweaver, that do this job, or a job similar to this.

Thanks for your help.

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i know, there is no web service available to retrieve user info in the Netweaver. What you can probably do is to create a simple Java project in NWDS, which call the UME programmatically (as above) and expose it as web service.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't found any standard service but is FM "HTTP_AUTHENTICATE" which used to autheticate user, so may be you can use this or write service around this FM.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

thank you for your responses. The UME approach does sound interesting. I will digg into that. However what I was really looking for was a more generic solution. The goal of the web app is to show customers how easy it is to share data with third party web applications (like Facebook Applications for example). The user authentification is the only trouble we have. It would be great if their would be an existing method, that would allow developers a safe user authentification, which is triggered outside of a sap environement.

Again thank you for the help so far. If anyone has any more ideas, they would be highly appreciated.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex

I am not sure whether this is right solution for you. In our web service navigator I see a service called IciUserService. When I test it using a valid user id, it successfully runs and returns some attribute information. When I run it using a non-existing user then it gives SOAP fault.

But I think this can be used just to verify if the user exists and not to actually authenticate the user.

To do that you will have to create your own webservice as suggested by Julius.

Regards,

Vandana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Where are you hosting your web application? Is it on the WAS? If anyways you plan to use netweaver user ids, then why not use netweaver UME?

Please refer following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/f8/9636eedafe8b4589cd6e9e4e73fd3c/content.htm

Regards,

Vandana.