cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have deleted a sales order,how to retreve the same document number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I have deleted the sales order,so that document number is out.When i craete the next order will i get the same number which i have already deleted.

I want the same number again,for that what should i do...

I dont want that number be missed,the reason is there should be a flow in number,with out missing some numbers in between.

Thx

Venu

Edited by: venugopal on Aug 6, 2008 9:12 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You will not get the same number again. The document was deleted, so the number also. When you create another order, the system gives the next number.

As in the earlier mail, try to reject the order by giving an appropriate Reason for Rejection instead of deleting it.

Prase

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for adding their valid points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

You will get your deleted document number, once you generate new sales order.

Eg. Your deleted docuement number is 122 and you want same number for new sales order.

Goto VN01, choose change status.

Select the your document number range interval, system default shows the 122 as current number.

change current number 122 to 121.

Now create a new sales order, system will give you sales order number 122.

Note : If you are working for a client project, It is not Advisable to change.

Regards,

Chandrasekhar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the document has the internal number range assigned you will not be able to retrieve the same deleted document number.

But, if you still wish to have the same number then in VN01 change the status(not advisable) to the prior document number so that the deleted number can be used again.

Else use the external number range assignment in your document type

Or.....ADVISABLE is to give the reason for rejection and close the document so that the entire series or numbers are traced.

Prakash.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venu

Yes this is possible but should not hand over the responsibility to end users.

B4 implementing this in production, please test a document and proceed.

Go to VOV8, select your order type and execute. There see what numeric value is maintained against the field "No.range int.assgt". Now go to VN01, [click on Status] tab and go to that number. On your right, you can see the last generated sale order number with editable option. You can change it.

For example, if your last created sale order reference is 805, you will see this 805 in the above area. Change it to 804 and save. Now if you create a new order, the reference of that particular sale order will again be 805.

But as I already mentioned, each and every time, you need to go and change this area which is not recommended.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

Even though you have deleted that order but that number you will not get for the next order as the system will automatically generate the next number.Normally one should not tamper with these number ranges but for your purpose go to VN01 make the number range as external and give that number you want to give.Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venugopal,

The document nos. are controlled by Number Ranges(external / internal). Once used, a number cannot be re-used.

But, you want to have a record of all the numbers--in this case, I would suggest to always mark a sales order as rejected i.e. go to VA02, choose the line items, give a reason for rejection and save it. This will avoid any missing nos.

Rgds,

Rags.