cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine pallets using Handling unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i created a material using pallets and that pallets has 12 piece of materials ,i just want to combine 3 pallets in one handing unit(like container) using handling unit ..how i have to configure........

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kumar,

You can get through packing related configuration settings and assign those settings in the Material master data.

Please fallow these steps

-->First you create material master data for the packaging material Pallets and Container with VERP material type.

Now you go to IMG then define packing related settings for the packaging material.Menu path is

SPRO>IMG>Logistics execution>Shipping>Packing

-->Define Packaging Material Types as ZPL Pallet ,ZCON Container

-->Define Material Group for Packaging Materials as ZPL Pallet ,ZCON Container.

-->Define Allowed Packaging Materials

ZPL Pallet <>ZCON-- Container.

Now you assign Material Group for Packaging Materials in the material master data Basic Data 1 view.

In finished material master data assign Pallet material group.

In Pallet material master data assign container material group.

Noe you can able to pack as per your requirement in the delivery document.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naren,

Maintain multilevel packaging instruction through POP1 as the parent (container) and child (pallet) along with the material to be packed. and the parent should be the load carrier which is the final pack and then mark the n HU field for the child pack so that the handling unit is only created for the container which is the final pack.

You can also do the manual packing by first packing the materials in pallet and then packing the pallets into the container.

Prakash