Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign same transaction to 100 users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My query is how to assign same transaction to 100 users ?

In FI if there are 100 users and if I have to assign a transaction to all the users what is the easiest method?

I was told by my senior that first i have to find all the fi users, and then list all the roles assigned to them, then in each role under authorization assign the transaction.

This is a tedious procedure...I guess there must be other steps for doing this.

Regards,

Rachel

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your question leads me to believe that you want to implement changes without any design. Please think about your role design (and have your senior think with you). If your senior has hidden it somewhere please ask for it as you cannot do role maintenance work without a proper role design.

Solutions:

1 If you can find one role that is assigned to all those users and no-one else you can put the transaction in that role. Do take care that the role is a FI role and not a basis role. That's what you need your design for.

2 If you cannot find such a role it could be an option to create a new one for this transaction and assign it to your 100 users. This role should be entered in your design as well.

3 Look into the role design, find out for which task the new transaction is meant, find out which roles are designed for this task and see if their user assignment covers your needs. Put the transaction in these roles.

I think when your senior said "that first i have to find all the fi users, and then list all the roles assigned to them, then in each role under authorization assign the transaction." he/she meant to find one role that is assigned to all those users. See my first solution.

Good luck!

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Adding to what was already said, I would also keep in mind the SOX implications (you might want to discuss this with the SOX team) when this transaction is added to any existing role / user.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If there are 100 FI users, and if i want to assign same transaction to all 100 users, *the easiest method as You said is create a new role containg transaction and assign to 100 users.*

my query :

In my company say if there are 5 company codes, say first 20 FI users can only view company code1 details not other.second group of 20 can view company code2 dtails .If I assign same role to all users, then a user can view all the company code details.How to resolve the problem?

Problem is with z* transaction not SAP transaction.

Thanks and regards,

Rachel.

0 Kudos

> If there are 100 FI users, and if i want to assign same transaction to all 100 users, *the easiest method as You said is create a new role containg transaction and assign to 100 users.*

>

> my query :

> In my company say if there are 5 company codes, say first 20 FI users can only view company code1 details not other.second group of 20 can view company code2 dtails .If I assign same role to all users, then a user can view all the company code details.How to resolve the problem?

Create 5 roles, one for each CC. There's no easy workaround for that. Have a look at the parent-derived role concept for creating and maintaining roles with only slight organizational differences.