cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference b/w Header and Item data........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the difference between Header data and Item data ? Please tell me in detail.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friend,

Header Data is data applicable to whole document. Eg. Data related to Customer Master Data or contains information about the status, conditions, currency, and the validity period of the document.

Item Data is data applicable too specific line item in document. Eg, data related to Material.he quantities or conditions specific to that item or if you want to order pens, under item data you can state which kind of pen you need, how many you want to order, and when they should be delivered.

Note that in cases where the fields are identical, such as Incoterms, conditions, and the delivery date, entries at item data level override entries at header data level.

Take care.

JP.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Dear Vishal

The main difference between these two is that whatever data you input at header level will be copied to item level but not vice versa.

Let us assume, you are creating a sale order. In the main screen, if you input ship to party on top, it will be copied to all items but if you change the ship to party for a particular line item, for other line items, it will not change. In simple words, whatever changes you make at item level, the impact will have only for that line item.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathy,

Is it possible to change the ship to party at the item level,if so how? as per you explanation given above it is possible,i tried i could't.

My ? is i have 3 line items,i want to change the ship to address for 1 item alone.how do i do that.

Thx

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venugopal

Yes it is possible to change provided in IMG screen, Not Modifiable box is not checked.

To achieve this, Go to IMG Path -- SD --> Basic Functions --> Partner Determination --> Setup Partner Determination --> Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Item.

There select Standard Item and double click on Partner Functions in Procedure. Here see against the Partner Function SH, whether the box is selected for "Not Modifiable". If so, untick that box.

Now try to change the partner function in sale order and you will succeed.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Select that particular line item & go to partners tab from ITem.

There you can change your SH for that particular line item.

Regds

MM

joseph_manjiyil
Participant
0 Kudos

*Hi,*

*Can you please tell me the the accounting document header information of all documents from database table BKPF ? I am new to SAP so please tell me which all fields of the table BKPF contain the header level data?*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal,

If you want to change the ship to in the sales order -

Firstly,the SH partner function should be modifiable in the customisation in the partner determination.

Secondly, you should have the ship to master data created in the same sales area and assigned to the orignal sold to customer master in the sales area data parters tab, so that you can use the alternative ship to's

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SAP we have the various Level of Data...

for example of a Sales Document.

The Sales Header Data would Contain various bussiness flowws how the document should behave should it be a Sales Order or a Quotation or A frwee of charge delivery.

Now the Item which you enter in the order the materails I mean will have the controls from the Item Data that you maintain in the Item categories.

The Sales Order next to be delievered by a delivery so these data goes to the schedule line level control.....

Hope you will get some light on what is explained above.

regards,

Amlan Sarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Header data is valid for the entire document like the customer/sold to party number,PO number, PO date and the net value etc.

While Item data is particular to the line items in the order. They may inculde item partners, conditions, shipping data etc..

regards,

Ajit