cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to inititalized the used Component?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to initialize a used Component in a special way only when it is called by another Component. When it runs in stand alone, I do not want to perform this initialization. Is there any way to accomplish this? I have not seen this in the documentation.

B.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brayden,

I don't think writing the required code in Interface view plug would help you, because it will be invoked even when the DC runs as a stand alone application. I suppose the only option you have is to expose a method in the interface controller of the DC and write the required initialization code there. Now before accessing any other data or method of this DC, you can trigger the exposed method from the parent DC & do the initialization.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Austin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is what the interface view is used for. You can put your code in the default plug of the interface view. This will execute when the used component is called.

Best Regards,

Austin

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what purpose does the interface view serve? It seems like this is overly complex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check this !

"Each window has a uniquely assigned interface view. This interface view represents the outward view of the window. The interface view is linked with a Web Dynpro application so that the window can be called using a URL.".

In simple terms, interface view shows you the default view of the used component.

Using interface view is not complex.What is your requirement. ?

Regards

Bharathwaj