cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tabkey field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

i have a requirement in sapscript to display the change text (last revision) in line item. i retrievred data from CDHDR first to get the udate and utime. and access table CDPOS, but i'm having a problem with field TABKEY. the field has a character length of 70. the values of tabkey in the table has a different char length. i used this field for retrieval in another table. i concatenate ebeln and ebelp and place it in a variable g_tabkey. then deleted the internal table where tabkey+3(15) is not equal to the g_tabkey. please help me on how can i get the tabkey correctly.

many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for prompt reply.

i already did the concat statement. but my problem is the values of tabkey has no consistent arrangement. for ex, there is a tabkey with values only ebelp and ebelp, some cases are no ebelp.that's why i have no data retrieved.

please advise.

thanks.

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can give you a small example... lets say a material is Parker so the table key will be 800PARKER.. so to get only the material concatenate that to another variable...

please check this sample snippet...

data:
   material type string.
   concatenate cdpos-tablekey+3 material into material.

cdpos-tablekey+3 --> what ever is there after the client 800 will be into material.

so lets say the tablekey of 70 length. a combination of client,ebeln and ebelp is there in tablekey so to get both the combination of ebeln and ebelp values just specify tablekey+3 it considers all the characters after the first three characters..ie client.

Hope this would help you.

Good luck

Narin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Function module 'CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_INPUT'

to convert the filed to required type