cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot log on after installing NW2004s Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've installed NW 2004s Preview successfully on my personal desktop PC. I then go to the SAP MMC and start the service successfully. I have SAP GUI 6.40 installed, but cannot log on. I get the error message "partner not reached (host 127.0.0.1, service sapdp00) WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection Refused"

My logon entry is:

Description: NSP

Application Server: localhost

System ID: NSP

Sytem Number: 00

SAP System: R/3

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have you installed the loopback adapter, if not, I believe that you need to install it. There should be some documentation in the installation folder. The IP will need to be 10.10.0.10

The documentation for loopback adapter is located in the installation folder that was extracted from the .rar file.

SAPNetWeaver04SneakPreviewABAP<b>\DOC\html\loopback.htm</b>

Welcome to SDN!

REgards,

Rich Heilman

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and based on Raja's instruction, I could connect using the correct System Number 02.

I installed J2EE first, so the first two system numbers were taken 00,01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for everyone's help but it is still not working. When I attempt to logon it looks for service sapdp00 at IP address 10.10.0.10 (so the loopback adapter/host file must be working) but I still get the error:

partner not reached (host 10.l0.0.10, service sapdp00)

Is there a way that I can check that service sapdp00 is running?

I am running SAPGUI 640 and the NW 2004s installation completed just fine with no errors.

Thanks,

Mike

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

<i>partner not reached (host 10.<b>l</b>0.0.10, service sapdp00)</i>

Is this a typo?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, yes that is just a typo, the host file has the following in it:

127.0.0.1 localhost

10.10.0.10 MIKEXP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to add your Network Card IP too... (I have one and it's working)

127.0.0.1 localhost

10.10.0.10 MIKEXP

192.168.0.1 MIKEXP

(where 192.168.0.1 is your IP of Network Card)

... MIKEXP -> it's your computer name? check it!

BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bartosz - I tried that too and no luck! Verified my computer is named MIKEXP. I must be missing something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you got any firewall-software?

Try turn it off, and turn off Microsoft Firewall - then try to connect...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only firewall on this machine is Windows Firewall and it is off.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is the NSP node in SAP MMC is full green?

instead of Application Server: MIKEXP

try Application Server: 10.10.0.10

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the NSP node is full green. Thanks for the suggestion. I tried putting 10.10.0.10 in for Application Service but it still does not work.

It sure would be nice if I could get this to work!

Mike

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it possible that you gave different system number (you are using 00 to connect) other than 00 during installation?

to confirm what system number you have given during installation , check whether you have folder <b>DVEBMGS00</b> in <dir>:\usr\sap\NSP

DVEBMGS00 - the last two digits are system number. if its other than 00 than whatever is the last two digit use that as system number when you define the system in logonpad.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja, I checked and the directory is DVEBMGS00 and I do specifically remember using 00 for the system number.

Do you know if it is possible to see what SAP services are actually running on the machine? Since the error message I'm getting actually reads "partner not reached (host 10.10.0.10, service sapdp00)" it makes me think that sapdp00 is not actually running. When I look at the services that are running in Computer Management, I see things like SAPNSP_00, serveral SAPDP: xxxxx entries, but no sapdp00. Do you know if sapdp00 should be showing up as a running service?

Also, it gives me the same error message whether I use 10.10.0.10 or MIKEXP as the Application Server in Sap Logon. If I put in some other non-existent host I get the error message "hostname <whatever> unknown". So the it must be able to reach the host, just not the service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something I have not mentioned before is that this installation is on Drive I: of my machine. The machine is set up as dual boot, with XP Media Center on C: and XP Professional SP2 on Drive I:

Could this be the source of my problem? I tried copying the SAP entries from the I: version of the services file into the C: version, in case it was using the C: version. Also, if I run a netstat command (under XP Pro), should I see an entry for port 3200 listed? (I don't)

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following on Raja' advice, I had the exact same problem as you Mike. I've solved my problem so I'm just sharing what I've done.

My system already has the J2EE standalone installed prior to 2004s install. Look into the folder USR/SAP/CCMS. You should see the system ID followed by the system number. For my system, I had J2E_00, J2E_01 & NSP_02. I used system number 02 in Saplogon and was able to connect.

Also check your services file for sapmsNSP and the last two digits, it should give you some idea what system number to use.

Hope this helps you and others..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Had this problem earlier and did some sequence in the startup and it worked for me.

Platform Windows XP.

1. Restart the system.

2. Disable any Firewall in that computer.

3. Start the SAP Management Console

4. Start the Servers under NSP tree node(Assuming ABAP edition and used default settings during installation).

Note: In this step you may be asked to authenticate in which case use your admin user id and password.

5. Wait till you see Green Server Icons under NSP node.

6. Launch SAPGUI and connect.

It should work fine.

Hope this helps....

-Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

i succesfully followed all instructions but have one problem. If i start the servers under NSP, the service dispworks.exe (Dispatcher) ist Green and after 10 secondes it stopped automatically (is then grey on the Process list). I have now this error after the process "dispwork.exe" stopped automatically:

SAPGUI 640

application server shutdown

try another application server

Details:

Component: DPTM

Release: 640

Version: 10

Return code: -17

Counter: 1

The Processes msg_server.exe and igswd.exe are green.

The process disp+works.exe is grey.

Hope i can start my SAP soon.

Please inform me at sami@benyoussef.de

Brgds

Sami

Message was edited by: Benyoussef Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! I solve the problem...

Firewall

Best greetings!

P.S. (to: Michael H. Smith) - If you want to incresse of speed - exclude files of SAP WAS from AntyVir Checking and install GUI on another computer in LAN... If you will install all on the same machine... it is bloody hell slow

Message was edited by: Bartosz Wogórka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Tank you for spojler with "Microsoft Loopback" - It was helpful. So, on the same machine (WAS and GUI) - everything working fine.

But when I tried to connect from computer in LAN so I install SAPGUI 6.40 on "OGS2 (192.168.0.100)". SAP WAS is on "OGS1 (192.168.0.199)". So I entered values:

Application Server: OGS1

I added to file "hosts" on OGS1:

192.168.0.100 OGS2

and on OGS2:

192.168.0.199 OGS1

And I received this error:

connection to host OGS1, service sapdb00 timed out

Thanks for help!

BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I've installed the loopback adapter and tried it again, no difference. I noticed on another thread here that I should have the following entries in my hosts file:

127.0.0.1 localhost

10.10.0.10 MIKEXP

so I added those and I tried it again, no difference.

I'm not sure why I need the loopback adapter - I thought that it would only be necessary if not connected to a network. I am connected to the internet on this machine through a cable modem. So do I still need a loopback adapter?

What else could be wrong? After I boot the machine, I start the J2EE application server, go to SAP MMC and make sure the NSP instance is running, then try to log on. Am I missing something?

Also I notice in the installation instructions (downleaded with the NW 2004s preview) the spot where it has instructions for creating the logon for NSP looks different than mine. On their screen they don't have SAP System R/3 R/2 radiobuttons, while on mine I do. Am I using the wrong SAP GUI?

Thanks for your help!

Mike

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You should be using the SAPgui 6.40. You can download this at the same place where you downloaded the NSP system.

Yes, you need to have the loopback adapter if not connected to a network, internet doesn't count.

Also, entering the IP of the host into the host file, make sure that you are using the FULL computer name. Right-click My Computer, properites, Computer Name.

REgards,

Rich Heilman

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Application Server: <b>MIKEXP</b>

application server name should be the one assigned to IP 10.10.0.10

did you make this change as well?