Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of Measure in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a requirement that shouldn't allow any other units of measure but just the Base Unit of Measure Maintained for that particular material master -- when creating sales order VA01.

Is there anyway i can do this through Authorizations?

I see two ways in approaching this requirement.

1) Restrict authorization per unit of measure

2) Disallow any changes in the unit of measure field when creating or changing sales order

Any suggestions on how i can go about this through authorization?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to answer your query through a multifaceted approach.These are pure functional requirements and according to me Z program design would be required for this.

you can modify the standard program for VA01 and then incorporate requirements.

1)Consult with your functional expert regarding the base price restrictions

2)Ask the ABAP developer to develop authorization objects in customer namespace. with fields and permitted values.

3)Incorporate all the authorization in the functional roles related to Sales Order.

Hope this approach would help.

Thanks

Vishal Padiyar

Infosys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> 2) Disallow any changes in the unit of measure field when creating or changing sales order

This could be easily achieved by using a transaction variant to restrict the field to display only in your create and change transactions - though this will affect all users. There are ways around this though.