cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems occurs when invoke a button event

Former Member
0 Kudos

After I added a viewcontainer which contain a filedownload element in one of my view, the button event in this view didn't work.

Here is the details:

I created an outbound plug and a button with a event named 'BACK', which fires the plug for a navigation.

I tested it at the first time, it was OK.

Then i added a viewcontainer in the view. The view container was embed a view with a filedownload element, which had a pdf file xstring for users to download. On this moment, I tested the WD application again, the button with the 'BACK' event didn't work. The event wasn't fired, but there was a loading icon on the center of the screen circling. I set a breakpoint in the button event, it would not be accessed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The break point in WDDOBEFOREACTION is also unaccessible. The program seems to be stopped by something like Deadlock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set a break point in the button event. It was never fired when I pressed the button. When I clicked the button, the icon of loading was circling over and over and didn't reponse any more, the event wasn't activated. But when I delete the embed view in window, it worked perfectly. So I think the problem has something to do with the pdf or the downloadfile element.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally it shuold not happen, i am working in SP10 and it is perfect.

did you checked WDDOBEFOREACTION , if it is reaching the code?

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The pdf is about 100k. After I downloaded it into my computer, I still could not fire the button event.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is working perfectly alright for me, i am loading a file of 378 KB.

just check after loading the data, are you changing any navigations or any code snippet which is taking more time.

Abhi

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whatz the size of the pdf? you can not access the button when the screen is still in process

Abhi