cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS configuration problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm changing from a 3 system landscape to a 2 system landscape ie DEV & PROD

i've deleted the previous systems from the transport domain & then deleted the transport domain & configured the 2 system landscape but However I encounter a problem when I try to Distribute Transport Routes ie STMS , Overview, Transport Routes => Configuraton, Distribue & Activate. I get the message "configuration is not completely distributed" . All the other checks are succesful

I did a test transport . In the PROD system the change request does not appear in the queue of the PROD system. But i get it in the Other requests queue ie STMS => Overview, imports => click on import queue of PROD System => Extras, other requests => Add

When i try to add the change request it still does not appear on the queue of the PROD system

Kindly assist

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All: I am encountering the exact same problem, just not moving from a 3-tier landscape to a 2-tier landscape. I've changed some settings in my TMS config (i.e. going to single transports from mass transports and deactivating the QA check). I have a DEV with 3 config clients, a transport group that takes care of keeping them in sync and the domain controller is PRD, but when I want to distribute my changes of the configuration, it tells me "Configuration is not completely distributed" and I get the "unknown" status in the Configuration Status as discribed . All other checks and tests come back with green lights.

Is deleting and reconfiguring TMS the only way to fix this?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete all the existing TMS setting and re-configure it. The Domain controller keep PRD server.

Pls revert back the error comes.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry guys, had stepped out of the office

Originally my TMS set up had 3 system landscape as below

DEV was the transport Domon Controller

DEV => QAS => PROD

Now the DEV box has been removed & my current TMS setup is a 2 system landscape as below

DEV( former QAS) => PROD (same as PROD in original setup)

I'll try out your suggestions & revert

Edited by: Joseph Andale Telewa on Aug 6, 2008 1:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Go to your DEV box, Goto STMS--> Transport Routes .. Ensure that TMS is set up and click on save button.. It will ask you to enter the configuration name and activate and distribute the configuration...

Once you do this, i guess it should be fine..

Regards

Thilip Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked guys

I deleted the TMS configuration & reconfigured with my PROD system as the Transport Domain Controller & everything turned out OK .

I did transport tests both (Customizing & Workbench) & so far so good. I'll let the users test the system in the morning

Thanks everyone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

In your previous 3 system landscape, what was your domain controller?

If DEV was not your domain controller (QAL) was then you need to change the entries of tpparam file.

>However I encounter a problem when I try to Distribute Transport Routes ie STMS , Overview, Transport Routes => Configuraton, Distribue & Activate. I get the message "configuration is not completely distributed" . All the other checks are succesful

Your transport route from DEV to PROD should be a "Delivery" route not the "Consolidation" route. Please do check your transport layer too.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Please check your

1. transport groups (if defined).

2. Check the TP tool (STMS->SAP system ->Check-> TP tool

Update the configuration : STMS-> Systems->Update Configuration (Ctrl+f2) and Try to distribute the configuration

hope this will work.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Goto STMS--->Transport routes

1) Double click the DEV system, check the system attributes..

2) Compare the system attributes with that of Quality, correct the mismatch and then save the configuration.

Now do distribute and activate, this should solve your problem..

Regards

Thilip Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response

To Srihhari Rao

all the tests below return positive results ie

1) STMS => Overview => Transport routes => Configuration = > Check => Transport routes

=> Request consistency -> Local

=> Request consistency -> All Systems

2) STMS => Overview => systems => SAP system => Check => Connection Test

=> Transport Directory

=> Transport Tool

TP tool check result is positive. There after I distribue & Activate the configuration to all Systems. but still nothing in the import queue

To Thilip Kumar

i got Systems attributes as follows when I logged into both the Development & Production System

STMS => Transport Routes

DEV systems Atributes as viewed from DEV system

System status : System is active

Configuration status : Current Version Active

DEV systems Atributes as viewed from PROD system

System status : System is active

Configuration status : Unknown

How do I change the unkown status ?

NB: My transport Domain Controller is the DEV System