Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy Cost Planning

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi! All,

I am interested in easy cost planning of a WBS Element.Can you describe me the procedure. When I go to CJ40 tranasaction, even without assigning any cost to any WBS element it is showing some planned value.Any elaboration on this?.This I have done by deselecting the integrated planning.

Thanks in advance...

MRD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks..Murali

can you give me the basic steps to do cost planning and also the constraints if any.

Thanks in advance...

MRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Easy cost planning is generally used when you have structure with WBS only.

Activity based costing is preffered in PS, as it is time and resource integrated ie when you shedule the project cost also gets scheduled.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Activity Based cost planning is now automatic.

With ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 3 there is the possibility to do activity level manual planning as well.

This could interesting to you.

Regards

Ramesh-

Edited by: Ramesh Vadamalayan on Aug 11, 2008 10:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Mohan

Please go thru the following link for Easy Cost planning details. If any specific quereis come back.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/86/98853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

If network costing is active (check the network header - cost planning), cost shall be calculated that it will be aggregated to the WBS Element.(integrated planning has nothing to do with this)

Regards

Murali