cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Planning and Consolidation Topics (BPC)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

please post questions related to SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (former OutlookSoft) to the forum for Enterprise Performance Management ().

Kind regards,

Marc Bernard

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I know  SAP BPC requires a good knowledge of BI but I doubt if you need any knowldge of BO?

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to know How can the planning data be retracted from SAP BPC 7.0 into an ERP system (SAP FI/CO)? just to say how to integrating the BPC and SAP erp? thanks first!

vinoo_gan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert

My requirement is on button click in webexcel I would like to execute LGF

File. Your help is appreciated.

Vino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

Is this BPC a part of SEM? I understand this BPC is part BI and part Financials, and that afterwards there are technical consultants (BI biased) and application consultants (FI biased).

Regards and thank you, Martin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

BPC, SAP Business Objects Planning and Consolidations is part of the EPM Suite (Enterprise Performance Management Suite). Although SEM still exists, the products within the SEM Suite are not the strategic direction of Planning nor Consolidaitons nor Strategy Management within SAP.

What was

SEM-BSC --> SAP Business Objects Strategy Management (EPM-SSM)

SEM-BCS --> Although BCS is still supported their are two products within the suite that correlate to BCS and are being invested in by SAP - SAP BPC for customers who want a unified planning and consolidation platform and SAP Business Objects Financial Consolidations or (EPM-FC) should be leveraged within:

1) Large multinational accounts with complex consolidation requirements and/or a highly distributed consolidation infrastructure

2) Accounts where specific geographic requirements impact consolidation applications

SEM-BPS --> SAP BPC

Hopefully this clarifies things. The EPM Suite is the future direction of SAP in these subject areas Planning , Consolidations and Strategy Management.

Cheers, Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc:

I'm trying to learn the SAP-BPC for Netweaver. If I download the trial version of the SAP Netweaver 7.0, will it have the BPC already built in. I want to practice the SAP BPC CPM; Is there any other source to practice SAP BPC

Thanks

Swati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

No it is not built in.

Whatever company you work for would need a license to access the CPMBPC Software Component.

Cheers, Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which system I can work on BPC? Does it come with BW/BI?

Thanks in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BPC 7.0, version for SAP NetWeaver (The topic of this forum), Is a new planning product from SAP that is based on the OutlookSoft product. The frontend look and feel as well as the administration is almost identical to what exists in the BPC 7.0, version for the Microsoft Platform product.

The main difference is the technology platform that it is based on.

The BPC NetWeaver product is based on NetWeaver BW 7.0 Enhancement Pack 1 and leverages InfoCubes and InfoObjects etc to store data.

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers, Scott

former_member251546
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good day

Thank you for replying with pleasant. Actually i would to upgrade my knowledge on BPC(Netweaver) 7.0 So if you dont mind, could you plz provide the material links. So i can upgrade. and one more thing is iam going to write the certification also. so it will be very help full to me. Ive asked many persons one who working on BPC but no use. Hopefully u can understand then help me

Have a nice day.

Reards

kk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernard,

Right now I am working on IP. I want to know more details about BPC. Do we use same BEX over there. Where can we get material on BPC? Please guide me in learning BPC.

Regards,

Pushpa

former_member1192543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpa,

In Bpc for reporting and query we have all in built tools.and you can get the graphical details in reports and input schedules.

and BPC7 is NW version i.e it supports BI from Backend and we are getting 7.5 which is of Business objects category.

For knowing the BPC you can go to below links...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/57/a21f407b402402e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e3/e60138fede083de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

and one dedicated site is there for best practices..

http://help.sap.com/bp_bpcv151/html/index.htm

for any help post in SDN....

Hope it is helpfull...

Please give the points if it is helpfull...

Regards,

Naresh.K

andr_meister
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

Regarding SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 7.0 (for SAP Netweaver), I have the following questions:

1) Is it possible to use SAP Bex Analyser or SAP Web Application designer for the reporting? Can I tie the SAP BPC 7.0 Cubes up to a SAP BW Multiprovider and access to the data with a query? Would this be possible in SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 7.5 (for Netweaver)?

2) Can SAP BPC 7.0. additional programming be carried out with Abap and/or Java and/or VBA? Would ABAP-programming be possible in the release 7.5?

3) Would it be possible to run SAP Businesss Planning und Consolidation 7.0 (Netweaver) only webbased in the BI Portal (i.e. the planning functionalities can be implemented in Web Application Designer Template).

4) How can the planning data be retracted from SAP BPC 7.0 into an ERP system (SAP FI/CO)?

Many thanks for your answers!

Regard, André

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi i have a little experience in BPS where i got opportunity to work on BPS web interface,prior to this i am into ABAP for 4 yrs.now i wants to pursue my career in the BPS.please let me know how can i get training in BPS,please let me know if there are any e learning sessions available or any other means.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Instead of learning BPS, Please learn Integrated Planning briefly and Concentrate on BPC ( Business Planning & Consolidation) earlier it was called as "OutLook Soft".

You can get lots of material on the sdn on BPC., Its a very hot as well.,

Thanks,

Rao

dont forget to post points

Edited by: Seelam Rao on Feb 16, 2009 12:04 PM