cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Initial data to MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I load the initial content to MDM.

I have created the MDM repositories for Article, Vendor, Customer and Employee using the default schemas shipped along with MDM.

Now how do I extract from R3 and convert to xml and import to MDM server?

Any step by step documentation available ?

Please help.

Thanks,

Susarla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDMGX is use to load lookup table data(Reference data) which always need to be fill before filling Master data. you dont need XI for MDMGX to bring Data from R/3 system.

For transaction MDMGX follow this pdf file from Service Market Place as.

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000394732006E/MDM554_GenericExtactor.pdf which give you step by step explaination.

You can also find settings for MDMGX:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0740b31-a934-2b10-2e95-af225299...

For loading Main table Data(Master Data) Please Refer:

If you have Service Market Place ID, then you can download Use_Case_MDM_CLNT_EXTR.pdf file.

With this SAP Note-1035601, you will find the above mentioned PDF File.

Also Refer for MDM_CLNT_EXTR:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50260ae5-5589-2910-4791-fc091d9b...

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if found Useful....

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susarla,

How do I load the initial content to MDM.

I have created the MDM repositories for Article, Vendor, Customer and Employee using the default schemas shipped along with MDM.

Any step by step documentation available ?

1) Firstly you will have to extrcat the look-up table data from R3 using MDMGX transaction-

Please follow this link to know about the same:

How to Configure Master Data Management Reference Data Extraction -

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0740b31-a934-2b10-2e95-af225299...

2) For loading the main Table Data into MDM, kindly follow the link below, which will guide you to the config/prcoess that will be required for the data to be uploaded from R3 into MDM.

2.1)

You will have to extract the data from R3 in the form of IDOCS and then using XI, you will have to convert them into XML format as MDM understands that.

2.2) For the process of Data from MDM back to R3, kindly refer this link below:

2.3) For general info about this scenario, kindly refer this link below:

Please follow these links for additional info-

1) SAP Network Blog: XI Configuration for MDM Integration - Sample Scenario-

2) The below given blog can be used to understand the XI config done when data is sent back from MDM via XI to R3.

MDM->XI->R3

3) MDM 5.5 data distribution using SAP XI -

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Edited by: Nitin Jain on Aug 6, 2008 6:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susarla,

Extraction:

There are two types of master data thatyou need to extract from the R/3 side

1) Lookup Data

2)Main table Data

Lookup table data :You can use the generic extractor program MDMGX.this will extract the data in the desired XML format which can then be imprted into MDM.

Kindly follow this link for futher help

Main Table :

You can use the MDM_CLNT_EXTR program to extract teh main table data field sfrom R/3 to MDM.

Kindly follow this link for futher guidance

The lookup data are extrcted in the XMl format itself so there is no need of any conversion required as XML format is accepted by MDM

Main table data needs to be converted to XML from Idocs which can be done with the help of a middleware such as XI.

Importing:

Once you receive the Sourec file in the XMl format you can import it either manually or automatically.

For this you will need to XML schema of the source file

eg:If you are importing Standard Material data you will require MATMAS05 schema.

This Schema need to be uploaded in the MDM console under

Admin->XML Schema.

then while importing select this schema from the drop down and the source file.and go ahed and perform the mapping.

Then you can import this data into MDM.

Follow the below links it will help

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susarla,

Please review the documentation about MDMGX. This is the sap-supplied transaction for extracting Reference Tables from R/3. This would extract the data in XML format.

Other Master data like Customers, Materials would best be sent via IDOCs and converted by PI/XI .

Hope this helps.

Siva K.