cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem reading Secure Storage

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to read Secure Storage based on the example from the help and I'm getting following exceptions.

This code works:

SecureStorageRuntimeInterface secStore = (SecureStorageRuntimeInterface) o;

RemoteSecureStorageClientContextInterface myContext = secStore.getSecureStorageClientContext();

Now when I try to read

Object myObject = myContext.retrieveObject("NX1_JCO");

I got:

com.sap.security.core.server.securestorage.exception.ObjectRetrievalException: Could not find clientID

and

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.NameNotFoundException: A configuration with the path "securestorage/services/servicesp4p4~jar" does not exist.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Andrei,

please ensure that

1.) write and read opperation is done in same application

2.) a reference from your application is set to service tcsecsecurestorage~service.

The reference you can set with "application-j2ee-engine.xml":

<reference

reference-type="hard">

<reference-target

target-type="service">tcsecsecurestorage~service</reference-target>

</reference>

regards Maurice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maurice,

I have service reference in application-j2ee-engine.xml. But when I try to execute, the code I showed, inside J2EE Engine I'm getting ClassCastException when I try to cast obtained remote object to SecureStorageRuntimeInterface.

Casting is working though when I try to access secure storage from remote java client, but in this case I have that ClientID problem.

0 Kudos

sounds strange.

Please check in

Visual Administrator -> ClassLoaderViewer -> services -> tcsecsecurestorage~service

that your application is 'user' of "service:tcsecsecurestorage~service"

(Also have a look on your application, that classloader "service:tcsecsecurestorage~service" is referenced.)

Just to avoid any additional work. In future releases (SP7) using "secure storage" from remote clients is no longer possible .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maurice,

I checked ClassLoader and my application is a 'user' of

tc~sec-securestorage-service.