cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer Image Condition Issue

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am having issues with my VC Models since the upgrade to sp15, Flex 2. One particular issue pertains to the use of Images in the VC models. For example, I have a table with Actuals, Forecast, AOP, Trend columns and based on the Trend column I made a Image condition to add an image of either Green, Red, Yellow. This worked perfectly fine before sp15. Now since we upgraded to sp15, this condition does not work when deployed, I do not see any images and only able to see values in the other columns. Below is the condition used.

RED

BOOL(@YTD_Trend_value>0)

GREEN

BOOL(@YTD_Trend_value<0)

Yellow

BOOL(@YTD_Trend_value==0)

I've tried various ways, removing the boolean etc and nothing has worked. It only works if I do not have a condition at all and use the default "true" value.

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Anyone else notice this new issue in SP16?

Also a quick question. I've been playing around with the Export Data from Visual Composer. I've been following a guide and yet upon exporting to Excel or PDF, I click the button then it takes me to the designated options to Open/Save/Cancel for the appropriate button (either excel or pdf). Then upon opening the document I receive a page with no data but only the following

Last Data Update:

Display As

To adjust filter area, drag characteristics from navigation area into filter area.

This is the Web API used for the export button for PDF:

"pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_add_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.bex?QUERY=" & STORE@REPTNAME &"&BI_COMMAND_1-BI_COMMAND_TYPE=EXPORT&BI_COMMAND_1-EXPORT_FORMAT=PDF&BI_COMMAND_1-SHOW_EXPORT_DIALOG=X&BI_COMMAND_1-null="

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

Dont know if you are still somewhere around this thread,I have also come across this problem now

There is no data in the pdf or excel generated. Were you to able to fix this, if so pls do let me know.

Thank you

Rgds

0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

While I did not completely resolve the issue upon Exporting to PDF/Excel in SP16, I've found a work around to essentially do the samething.

If you take a look at the URL upon deploying your model, you'll see that the Query name does not get generated or called like it is supposed to. So what I had to do was create a "Info Form" from the Data Service object and then assign it to REPTNAME when creating a "Data Store" from the "Info Form".

I still followed the same procedure when creating my Export parameters and buttons to PDF/Excel. Now when deploying your Info Form will generate the Query Name and store this information for you and then Export it to the PDF/Excel. You can hide the "Info Form" from view and that should be it.

Edited by: Andrew Cho on Oct 1, 2008 10:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Could you send me some docs of guidelines about how did you set the image conditionally. I tried using the image control but couldn't find any property wherein we can set image conditionally.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply, but am not very sure if i got u right.

We create an info form from the data service and then a data store

from the info form. The input to the info form will be reptname.

Also why is this so? ,but even then i dont get any difference in the output. We are on SP 15 .

Really appreciate your help

Thank you

Rgds

0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

What is your email address and I can send a PDF which I referenced when creating the Images and conditions.

0 Kudos

Vineeth,

What is your email, I can send screen shots of the development I've done as the work around and further explain the reasoning why this is necessary.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Guess i understood what the problem is ,but cant seem to get

it to work with your workaround. The query name is not getting populated

in the url as you said ,but I was able to check that the value is

in the data store ,by using a form.

My address is vin_mineatyahoo.com.

Sorry I wont be able to assign you points here ,but if you could reply to my other thread

would be glad to do that .

Thank you

Rgds

0 Kudos

Hello,

We went ahead and patched SP16 VC Hotfix and it did resolve the image condition issue BUT SP16 has now caused a new issue. The new issue has to do with the Web API for passing hierarchy filter values. Once you deploy the model and executes, the model renders the iview 3 times instead of just once and displaying the charts/graphs etc. Once I removed the Web API filter, this stopped occuring. Again this worked fine in SP15 and now since the hotfix has started to appear.

0 Kudos

Hi Natty,

I am sorry, I do not know what the acronyms HF stand for. But yes please send any information for HF. Is there any advanced correction available as we do not plan on patching to SP16 for awhile?

Thanks,

-Andy

Edited by: Andrew Cho on Aug 13, 2008 3:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

HF means Hot Fix.

it will consits of Fixes for so many Problems in the Previous SPs .

Govindu

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

You can download the HF [here|https://sapmats-de.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=MWHUA4N7RVA20W2CKCA85LWS3C6BVB5T8DM0B36WEHSHX80KAG]. This is actually SP16 version of Visual Composer. Since VC and portal have very few contact points we don't have a problem of mixing SP16 VC with a lower portal SP. We've done it many time and it behaves well. You can try to apply these 3 SCAs and check that your problem is solved.

Regards,

Natty

0 Kudos

Hi Natty,

Thank you for the link for the HF, much appreciated. I'm hesitant though to implement this hot fix since we are still on sp15 and this is a HF for sp16. Though I know you have said this should be Ok to do since you stated that there are very few contact points, there shouldn't be a problem of mixing SP16 VC with a lower portal SP. I will try to look at OSS notes to see if there is an advanced correction or Hot Fix for sp15 first then proceed.

Thanks,

-Andy

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply, so something in SP15 broke this functionality and requires SP16 to fix the issue? We just upgraded to SP15 a few weeks ago and it may not be for months until we go to SP16. Is there any work around besides possibly setting the Compiler back to Flex 1 instead of 2?

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately nothing that I can think of. The problem is with the generated mxml file (for Flex2). I suggest applying SP16 + latest HF. I can only say that you can safely apply this HF since VC and portal have very few contact points and for this reason you can apply the HF with no worries...

Let me know if you want the HF.

Regards,

Natty

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

This problem is resolved on SP16. I recommend applying it if possible.

Regards,

Natty