cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport a role from development to external server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

Can anyone tell me, how to transport a object from Development to external Server / Systems? what is the procedure? This is not like Dev -> Qua -> Pro. I want to transport from Dev -> External Server. if anyone knows that please send the procedure in detailed.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please mention what type of object you want to move and what server is your external server.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a Transport request and include the objects or role into Transport request ( you have to mention the target system or dummy target)

After that release the request and copy the cofile and data files from /usr/sap/trans/cofile and usr/sap/trans/data (in source system) to desktop or share folder

For ex: if your request is this <SID>K900035

Then transport files will be like below

ex:

R900035.DSM ( this is the data file)

K900035.DSM ( this is the cofile)

Copy the cofile to the target cofile directory and data file to the target system data file directory ( your external system) (i.e /usr/sap/trans/cofile and usr/sap/trans/data )

Adding to Buffer:

goto target system stms ---> import overview ---> double click on target system and now goto menu -

> Extras ---> Other request ---> Add ---> give your tranport request number.

Import:

goto target system stms ---> import overview ---> double click on target system and now goto menu ---> Request ---> Import ---> give the target client ( first do the Test Import and after that Import.

OR

-

If your are expert at OS level:

Test Transport: tp tst <TR> <TARGET SID> pf=E:\usr\sap\trans\bin

Add to buffer: tp addtobuffer <TR> <TARGET SID> pf=E:\usr\sap\trans\bin

Import: tp import <TR> <TARGET SID> pf=E:\usr\sap\trans\bin

-

Best Regards,

Kiranbabu

Edited by: Kiranbabu on Aug 5, 2008 7:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can upload and download from PFCG>Role> upload/download, I think thats what your are looking(other than regular transport)

Edited by: KVR on Aug 5, 2008 1:36 PM