Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change of user's password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys ,

do you have any idea

How can we change the password of all the users in one client in one shot .

???????????? ???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hiralsoni
Participant
0 Kudos

I recently did it with LSMW and its very simple. Just get help of some ABAPer..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hiral,

The method of LSMW is good for uploading username and paswords .

How can I upload the document with screen shots that I have taken for the same

Regards

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably, CAT script would be a good option to do it.

However, why you want to reset password of all the users in the client ?

I remember you can do it from su10 > click address data and under user's tab give * , select all and then click on transfer> change--> change the password (under logon data), correct me if I am wrong.

No, you don't have option to reset password in SU10 (Mass user maintenance)

Regards,

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zaheer, Thank you for correcting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do it using su10.. If you have to reset passwords for more than 200 users, you should learn to use the LSMW transaction to do so.. All you got to do is to prepare a excel sheet with the user ID's and the corresponding initial passwords and then you have to record the batch session for a sample password reset and then you have to execute in dialog or in background.. Befor this there are 8-10 steps to be completed in LSMW transaction.. If you can accomplish this then it would prevent you from doing a routine and hectic work..

There is very good document with screen shot for using LSMW transaction in SDN or help.sap.com.. Make use of that and try to use LSMW transaction.. It is FUN!!

Regards

Thilip Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I remember you can do it from su10 > click address data and under user's tab give * , select all and then click on transfer> change--> change the password (under logon data), correct me if I am wrong.