Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Experts,

Please find my queries as below:

1. Is it possible to reverse or cancel PGI?

2. Is there a way to view a list of deliveries that hasn't perform PGI?

Please advise. Thanks!

Regards..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, U can do reversal of PGI through VL09 t.code...

VL06g for deliveries pending goods issue...

Regards

sankar

Edited by: sankar sankar on Aug 5, 2008 6:56 PM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

safeer_rahman2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Yeow Lang...

Lets assume that you have done upto billing, its still possible to reverse the whole process...

Steps:

1. Cancel the invoice through T code VF11

2. Reverse the Goods Issue using VL09, turn the pick quantity u2018zerou2019 in the delivery document

3. Delete the delivery document using VL02n.

4. Finally set the reason for rejection at the Sales Order Header Level. (So Bala, just check the SO you want to delete ever had any subsequent document? ) Note: An Invoice cannot be deleted but canceled. It can only be canceled with (VF11) only if the relevant accounting document is not generated.

Generation of accounting document means the value is posted into accounts and G/L accounts are hit. SAP FI department needs to reverse the accounting doc on a real-time scenario. Only after the accounting doc is reversed invoice can be canceled. Tax documents generated through the Invoice (Tax is maintained on a separate account) also need to be reversed but this is a part of FI so an SD consultant just needs to request the FICO guy to do the reversal.

for your second question...

VL06G is used view deliveries who haven't done the PGI...

Hope you find this informative...

Thanks,

Safeer Rahman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can reverse the delivery using VL09, you may see the list of deliveries which are not PGI'ed using VL06G

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the kind advise.

The reason i post this question is because there's a requirement where it needs to reverse everything back to sales order.

After PGI is reversed, i will proceed to cancel delivery order. From there will i be able to edit the sales order again? Since a sales order is closed once its fully referenced to a delivery order.

Please correct if i my flow is wrong. Thanks.

Reverse PGI > Cancel Outbound Delivery > Edit Sales Order > Recreate Outbound Delivery > PGI > Billing

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lee

Yes your flow is correct. Of course, after billing, you need to create excise invoice referencing billing document.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

excise invoice referencing to billing document? I don't quite understand this part. I thought i'll just do a normal billing referencing from the delivery order?

And can i confirm that a closed sales order can be re-open again after i cancel delivery order?

Since PGI is performed, posting of account will happen DR COGS & CR Stock Account. But when i reverse the PGI, will system reverse the entry as in DR Stock Account & CR COGS?

Thanks.

Edited by: YEOW LENG LEE on Aug 7, 2008 5:23 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Yeow

1) VL09 - To reverse PGI

2) VL21 & VL06 - Deliveries created but not PGId

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first check the document flow for the delivery document.

if sub sequent document will be there then just cancel the document like invoice by using VF11.

then reverse the PGI ( post goods receipt) using VL09..

U can check the PGI due delivery document list in VL06G

regards

Dibya

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is no subsequent documents created you can reverse the PGI using transaction code VL09. If subsequent documents exists like invoice, then you need to cancel the invoice first, then do the reversal using VL09.

Use transaction code VL06G to see the list of deliveries which can be PGIed.

Regards