cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disp+work.exe stopped, message server not connected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friend,

I have successfully installed the SAP Netweaver 2004s for running WebDynProABAP

application. Then I executed the transaction sgen for all packages. But the

process seemed not completed succesfully. Then I restarted the machine. But the

SAP couln't start. Then I checked the MMC and found that disp+work.exe's status

as 'stopped'.

Kindly advise me to solve the problem and how to restart the SAP system.

with regards,

siby syriac

sdn member

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

which database is behind your ASP Netweaver 2004s? I'm asking this, because you posted your issue in the MaxDB, SAP DB, liveCache forum.

If you've got either a SAP Db or MaxDB database, please let me know if you see any errors in the knldiag.err file, which should reside in the /sapdb/data/wrk/<SID> directory.

If you're <b>not</b> using either of the above databases, I'll need to move your issue to a more suited forum.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem... I use MaxDB... when I try to connect database from Database Menager I get dialog box:

"-24961 cannot determine current db state [db_online -f]"

- how it's posible to damage DB???

Last time I generated all (SGEN).

Thanks for help, Bartosz

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK i solved...

And it should be solve for your problem:

Probably your datebase is full (file space).

Run DATEBASE MENAGER, connect to NSP and check it. If Yes - click to Data Area in Information and add set properities on DATA0002. Set new Size and confirm.

Should be working.

Good Luck!

B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bartosz,

i have the same problem mentioned before.

I've just installed SAP NW ABAP Trial on Windows XP SP2 (database MaxDB 7.5)

I tried to follow your suggestion with Database manager.

I checked that my db space is full and i tried to set a new size on the DATA0002 file.

I clicked on the "Information" frame, than to "Data Area", but i faced that nothing is modifiable there, and i can't set new properties on the DB files.

How can i do?

Is this an authorization problem? (I tell you i connected on the DB with the main user and password i set on the system parameters in the installation.

I'm waiting for a reply.

Thanks.

Alfonso

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alfonso,

to be able to add Datavolumes using the Database Manager GUI, you need to go to the 'Configuration' frame, then 'Volumes'. There you'll be able to add volumes, using the yellow/golden star shortcut button at the top of the Database Manager GUI screen (below the menu).

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem but it occurs in the installation step 'start central service instance'.

I'm new to MaxDB but I tried to install the Database Manager but cannot login. I tried with DBADMIN and DBM with the password I chosed but I can't connect.

Any tips?

/BR

Jonas

Answers (0)