SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto-updating the system status of the device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can any one suggest me the possible way of this problem. I want to have the system status of the device to be changed automatically from ESTO(insock) Active to ESTO Inative when i transfer post a meter in to the a particular storage location for example if i transfer post a meter in to scrap location from another storage location then the system will automatically changed the status of the meter to Inactive. I presume there will be a bapi that will be called for change of the status. Can any one suggest on this please and if possible the bapi that will be used.

Thanks in anticipation.

Anoop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Assuming you've found a user-exit or somethin where you want to influence the status...

The function modules for changing statusses all begin with STATUS* and are in function group BSVA (I think it's this one, certainly starts with a B*, but I don't have a SAP system to double check).

You'll find a whole bunch of functions ranging from reading the status to updating the status.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Assuming you've found a user-exit or somethin where you want to influence the status...

The function modules for changing statusses all begin with STATUS* and are in function group BSVA (I think it's this one, certainly starts with a B*, but I don't have a SAP system to double check).

You'll find a whole bunch of functions ranging from reading the status to updating the status.

Good luck!

0 Kudos

Hi i have not yet been able to find a user exit. can you suggest some for this one?

Anoop

Former Member
0 Kudos

thankx