cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control PO output?

0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are working on SRM 5.5 with extended classic scenario.

Our business requirement is to control the PO output so that on incident basis purchaser can restrict PO output for some vendor.

Output medium is maintained in vendor master record, which is defaulted at PO level. And in PO there is no option available to restrict output like "no output" radio button.

I was thinking not maintaining output medium at vendor master level. So that it will not default in PO. But Output medium is required field in vendor master. Is there any way to make it option field?

Or does any one have alternate solution so that output is not fired while creating PO?

Please help!!

Regards,

Jotin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jotin,

I think you will have to change the output program for the output that you have defined.

For that insert code at following access :

SPRO->Supplier Relationship Management->SRM Server->Cross-Application Basic Settings->Set Output Actions and Output Format-Define Actions for Purchase Order Output

In this program you could add an access to specific table where you add vendors when you want to deactivate output.

Best regards,

Laurent

Remind points if helpfull.

0 Kudos

Laurent,

Thanks for your update.

It means you agree that it is not possible to restrict PO output via configuration.

There has to be some way out for this.

Can you check in your system deleting output medium in vendor master? Output Medium is a Mandatory field in Vendor Master (Manage business Partner - BBPMAININT). Can we make it optional fields?

My logic is, if output medium is not maintained at vendor master level, then the same would not be defaulted at PO level and so we would be able to save PO without generating PO output.

Does it make sense?

Let me know your view on it.

Regards,

Jotin

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jotin,

I don't think changing the mandatory field "output medium" is possible in customizing. You would have to change the standard fuctionning of this field to make it optional.

But there's another way to answer your need. If you change the output medium to "mail" for your vendor for which you don't want to send output and change his email to a dummy mail this would not send the output. There would only be one email in error process.

Is this ok for you?

Best regards,

Laurent

0 Kudos

Laurent,

Yes I agree with you changing standard functionality of field to optional is not an easy solution.

Also accept your workaround by entering dummy email address or purchasers email address so that the PO is not delivered to Vendor directly.

But does it means that there is no option/way available in SRM to restrict PO output?

Regards,

Jotin

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jotin,

Your question made me curious and i found that you can restrict po output.

Follow this path : SPRO->Supplier Relationship Management->SRM Server->Cross-Application Basic Settings->Set Output Actions and Output Format->Condition-Dependent Purchase Order Output

Here you can select your output medium and add your specification in the StartCondition Tab.

Best regards,

Laurent.

0 Kudos

Thanks Laurent,

I think this will help to get the solution.

Full points to you.

Regards,

Jotin

Answers (0)