Did you mean: 

MDM schema questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using

MDM Version 5.5 SP4 (5.5.33.13) on Windows XP

Please help me with the following

1. "Create Repository from Schema" option is not available in MDM console

2. How do I use the Business Content that comes with MDM to create schemas and import and syndication etc?

3. How do I use a2a files?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. "Create Repository from Schema" option is not available in MDM console

Here you can create repository say Demo_Repo first by right click on your MDM Server Once the Repository is created Right click on your Demo_Repo and try using Export Repository Schema which is nothing but Create Repository From Schema.

2. How do I use the Business Content that comes with MDM to create schemas and import and syndication etc?

You dnt need to worry after downloading Business Content say for Article when you Archive this repository Everything you will get ready made except data means complete structure with required tables and fields, you have alredy created Ports etc.

3. How do I use a2a files?

Firstly you have to Place this .a2a files under your Archive folder as

C:\ProgramFiles\SAPMDM5.5\Server\Archives

where say C: Drive in which you have installed MDM Server

After placing files:

In MDM Console Right click on Server then Unarchive Repository then give your DBMS server: , Login, Password Credentials then give any repository Name say Susalra_Demo_Repo and select the respective archive name from drop down list then Finish. then you could see an ew repository is created under your MDM server with Name Suslra_Demo_Repo it take some time during unarchiving let it complete itself once it done then Load your Repository again it will take some time to get load

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if found Useful....

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Edited by: Mandeep Saini on Aug 5, 2008 5:28 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. It worked.