cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrolling in tables using Mouse scroll button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a table which displays a list of values. The value for "visible row count" is "5". I have also set the application parameter "WDTABLENAVIGATION" with value "SCROLLBAR". When my node contains more that five rows the scrollbar appears and works fine.

But i could not find any property which can help me in using my mouse scroll button to scroll down the values.

I am able to scroll up and down by clicking on the scroll buttons as well as by dragging the scroll bar. But my client wants the scroll button of the mouse to work for the same.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Prasath N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I just tested on my system and the scroll wheel on the mouse works perfectly fine out of the box. I didn't do anything special to my table - just set the Scrolling in tables via the application parameter. As long as the mouse is positioned over the table, the scroll wheel moves the position in the table instead of the page position.

Here is a short video to demonstrate:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tjung/2734919049/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. Below are the properties that i have set for my table.

Design: Standard

Display empty rows: (Unchecked)

empty table text:

Enabled: (Checked)

First actual row: 0

First visible row: 0

First visible scrollable col:

Fixed table layout: (Unchecked)

Footer visible: (Unchecked)

Grid mode: none

Legend ID

read only: (Unchecked)

Row count: -1

row selectable: (Checked)

scrollable col count: -1

selected pop in:

selection change behaviour: auto

selection mode: none

tooltip:

visible: visible

visible row count: 5

width: 100%

I dont see any property specific to scrolling by mouse but it still doesnt work. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Prasath N

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> dont see any property specific to scrolling by mouse but it still doesnt work. Any suggestions?

As I said, there are no special properties to make the scroll wheel work - it just does so right out of the box. Perhaps it is the newer support package level on my system. What SP level is your system.

I can tell you that I just tried it in Firefox 3.0 and it does NOT work. However it works fine in IE 7.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the delay in replying. We are at SP15.

Regards,

Prasath N

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I just tested on 7.0 SP15 and sure enough it doesn't work there. Looks like this might be a new feature as of SAP Enhancement Package 1 for NetWeaver 7.0 - which is what I have running on my laptop. So it looks like it will be a few more months before your end users can have this feature.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Thomas for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Prasath N

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please provide required coding and approach for scrolling ALV output in table level.

Best regards,

Alleiah

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi ,

>

> Please provide required coding and approach for scrolling ALV output in table level.

>

> Best regards,

> Alleiah

There is no coding necessarily, the functionality is provided by the framework.

0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the quick response, actually I have used the method SET_SCROLLABLE_COL_COUNT, but it is coming in the footer level and I need scrolling in table level. please provide me the detatiils for achiving this.

Best regards,

Alleiah

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you saying that you want the scroll bars instead of the scrolling buttons in the footer? If so just use the application parameter WDTABLENAVIGATION with value SCROLLBAR.

0 Kudos

Hi

This is for standard table and I am asking for ALV table please advise is this is posible in ALV output.

Best regards,

Alleiah

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That setting controls both the table UI element and the ALV. Afterall the ALV is just a component that implements the table UI element.

0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

I have one requirements similar to like this. I want to mouse scrolling, but when i am scrolling data through mouse in WD ALV table, data scrolls very fast instead of one by one line. sometimes 10 or 20 days rows. I want to scroll one row at any time with mouse.

Please suggest me, how can we achieve this.

I am using 740 and SP-13.

Answers (0)