Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Proxy issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following req.

sender sends CSV file to R/3 via Proxy, R/3 responds back with a msg. This response has to be sent to same location where CSV file got picked.

Iam not using BPM for this.

I got stuck while sending the response back. Message mapping is used to send the file to Proxy data type, proxy response to response format of the sender system.

In Interface mapping, i can see request, response mappings.

DO I need to have one more receiver agreement to send the resonse back as CSV file, if so what I need to put in sender Service, what I need to put in receiver service, reciever interface

or

Do I need to use BPM for this requirement??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe you could do it like described in this blog:

Regards

Patrick

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think BPM is not required. However you will have to do some extra work. You need to create client proxy to put the response message to the very same folder like the way you created the server proxy to send data to R3 system. you just call the client proxy with the response parameters inside the server proxy method. Nevertheless if do it this way, you will have do almost a new scenario with design and configuration part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

without using BPM sounds intreresting, but your reply is confusing.

I have a synchronous proxy at R/3 (which is receiver system), it is giving response back to XI and it is mapped response format of the sneder system.

Question is how to send this response back to sender system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion. as soon as I saw "file" I readily tought you are using asynchronous proxy. What I sugested was for the asyncronous case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You cannot achive your requirment without using BPM.

because how you will control the processing .

file adapter always work in asynchronous mode and if proxy will send the response back to xi then how xi will control this process.

Thanks & regards

Kunaal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried this, but I'm getting error

From SP 19 on XI 3.0 and SP 10 on PI 7.0, a File - RFC - File ( Asynch - Synch ) scenario can be done without a BPM.

Steps:

Integration Repository

1 Outbound Synch message Interface and 1 Inbound Synch Message Interface.

Integration Directory

1. The Receiver Determination , Interface Determination will be the same as in HTTP - RFC synch scenario. Create the Sender File Adapter, Receiver RFC Adapter and Receiver File Adapter.

2. Sender Agreement will be for the Sender File Adapter. Sender Agreement uses the Synch Outbound Message Interface.

3. Receiver Agreement will be for the Receiver RFC adapter. Receievr Agreement will use the RFC as thge Inbound Message Interface.

4. We need to add a few modules in the Sender File Adapter.

Go to the Modules Tab of the Sender File Adater, and add the following modules in the same sequence,

Number - ModuleName - Type - ModuleKey

1- AF_Modules/RequestResponseBean - Local Enterprise Bean - 1

2- CallSapAdapter-Local Enterprise Bean - 2

3-AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean-3

Parameters

ModuleKey - ParameterName - ParameterValue

1 - passThrough - true

3-receiverChannel - Receiver File Adapter Name

3-receiverService - Receiver Business Service/ System

my question

1) How to create receiver agreement separately here.

The error I'm getting in RWB is

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Success Channel CC_FILE_SENDER_PBX: Entire file content converted to XML format

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Success Send text file "feed.csv" from FTP server "ISFTP:\sap_feed", size 479457 bytes with QoS EO

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Success RRB: entering RequestResponseBean

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Success RRB: suspending the transaction

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Success RRB: passing through ...

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Success RRB: leaving RequestResponseBean

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Success ROB: entering ResponseOnewayBean

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Success ROB: resuming the transaction

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Success ROB: calling the module processor ...

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Success MP: Entering module processor

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Success MP: Processing local module localejbs/CallSapAdapter

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Success MP: Leaving module processor

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Success ROB: returned with response: false

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Success ROB: leaving ResponseOnewayBean

2008-08-05 11:16:14 Error Attempt to process file failed with java.lang.NullPointerException

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I have tried this, but I'm getting error

is this the thread by Bhavesh?

If yes then it will not work in your case(as i have already said in my earlier post) because you can't enhance the receiver XI adapter via modules.

Here is an excerpt from help.sap

You configure the adapter on the Parameters tab page during the definition of a communication channel in the Integration Server or in the PCK. You cannot enhance this adapter with your own modules on the Module tab page in the module processor.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/0a1640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunaal,

I think Viswanath's requirement is getting a .csv file from a folder, and after Converting its Content to XML, sending it to and R3 system for futher processing like adding new records (lines of file) to a table. During the processing may be some log is generated and He wants to share this log (like customer number etc. for each record) with the sender so he needs to form a csv file in the folder... If the requirement is like I tried to describe then I think it is managable without BPM.

We need to have 2 scenarios with their own CCs,Receiver dets, etc;

1- Asyncronous server proxy (for sending the file content to R3)

2- Asyncronous client proxy (for carrying the response to sender - file)

As for the control of processing, XI is not going to control anythig. Inside the server proxies' xxx.executeAsynchronous method (at the end) you are going to call the client proxies' xxx.executeAsynchronous method to send the response message to XI, of course you have to adjust the data types accordingly.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarik,

What should be done once XI recieves response from R/3, how to send it to the sender system.

Even I heard that We can do Asynch/Synch without using BPM.

if I need to aynch communication, can I do it in single scenario.

I donot want to build two seperate interfaces for this.

Kunal,

Iam not using enhanced Modules, Iam using only SAP modules here, not my custom modules.

in RWB as I replied earlir, file got picked up, converted into xml , after this it is erroring out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarik,

as per you explation

1- Asyncronous server proxy (for sending the file content to R3)

2- Asyncronous client proxy (for carrying the response to sender - file)

asynchrnous client proxy will send data from r3 to XI not any location other then XI becuase you have don the configuration lke this only..

now the main problem is how will data go out of xi we have to initiate the process for this.

i am not confirm about the module which vishwanth is using

if you have any other option please let me know..

but as per my understanding BPM is MUST.

Thansk & Regards

Kunaal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswanath and Kunaal,

There are "two" scenarios. I am saying that it is quite possible to combine them.

First one has its own DT,MT,MI,MM and full configuration part (CC for sender file and CC for Receiver XI )..

And Second one has also its own DT,MT,MI,MM and full configuration part (CC for RECEIVER file and CC for SENDER XI )..

only connection between them is in the server proxies' executeAsyncronous method..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq

I agrre with your answer but the requirmrnt is not as you said..

as per ur suggestion it will be file to proxy and proxy to file right?

if we have BPM and we can achieve the same functionality through bpm then why we should go for two scenarios.

Viswanath why you are looking for other option when you have straight forward soloution if you donot want to use BPM then you can look for othet option like two scenario

and as per my knowledge " Sync/Async Bridge Pattern" is pattern which is used in BPM to Communication between a synchronous and an asynchronous system.

Thanks & Regards

Kunaal

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) mine is not synch to asynch. i beleive it is asynch to synch, as file adapter is not synchronous.

Recently I came to know that we can achieve the same on all Java Stack adapters. For ex SAP HELP already documented it for JMS adapter. So i have tried the same with File adapter.

Unfortunately i got stuck at receiver agreement for the sender.

I will try BPM as I can not see other options now.

If possible you too try this scenario,not using BPM, not using two asynch scenarios.

Thanks for all of your responses, I will let you know the result once I do it by BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Do I need to use BPM for this requirement??

Yeah,you need BPM here ,please take a look at the blog posted by other expert

You can't use modules here(as is possible in case of RFC etc) since XI adapter can't be enhanced via modules.

Thanx

Aamir