cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access denied *.<SID>.LOC is already in use

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running ECC6.0 on Windows 2003 environment.When I try to import the transport request it throws error " Acess denied on
qcxsaqai\sapmnt\trans\tmp\SLOG0832.PCX.LOC is already in use pcxsaprd.

Intially it was working fine , just few days before I have included training system in between Dev,QA,and Production.Now our landscape is 4 system landscape.and configured transport group for all the 4 systems GROUP_QAI.

I configured QA system is domain controller ( qcxsaqai ) .As per the note 690449 i could not find *LOC or *LOB files in domain controller.

Please suggest how to resolve this issue.

- Kristene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

1. Get the tp-process ID (PID) from content of the .LOC file.

2. Check if the PID exists on the host where tp runs.

If it exists, the problem is not the opportunistic locking but must be investigated by the support team.

If the PID does not exists, perform the next step.

3. Check with the command "net file" on the transport host if the network handle for .LOC file exists and delete it with "net file <file ID> /close".

4. Delete the .LOC file on the transport host. If the next call of tp creates a new .LOC file and will be blocked again with the message " WARNING:
<hostname>\sapmnt\trans\tmp\ <SID>.LOC is already in use (XXX), I'm waiting 5 sec (20031209205043). My name: pid XXXX on YYYY. " perform the next step.

5. Login to the last tp-run host with an user that differs from the tp-user and delete the .LOC file on the transport host via administrative share (<disk>$):

del
hostname\d$\usr\sap\trans\tmp\<SID>.LOC

After that the tp should run smoothly and you can import the transport requests without ant problem.

Thanks,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help , I need to resolve this issue asap.