cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc to File. Partner type as 'KU' and 'LI'.. Acheivable w/o using Party's?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Idoc to File scenario.

I have the receiver partner type as 'KU' and sender partner type as 'LI'.

I want to create the scenario without using party for these partner Types.

Is it possible for me to create the B2B scenario without using party's?

Is it mandatory that we need to use partys and Identifiers for these kind of scenarios?

Kindly let me know if anyone has idea on this.

Thanks

-Seema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Seema,

If the outbound Idoc has RCV partner type (RCVPRT) as KU in the control header and Sender Partner Type (SNDPRT) as LI; the inbound Idoc adapter will use these values when normalizing the IDoc into IDoc XML and will look for the corresponding RCVPRN and SNDPRN values in the Party Identifiers, if found will determine the RCV party at that step and add the information to the SOAP header of the XI message. In such case you can choose to use the virtual receiver determination.

But if you want to configure the scenario without party at the receiver end - that would be possible...........create an Service without Party and use it in the Receiver Determination step...........the scenario will work fine without a Receiver Party. But if SNDPRT is LI - then you need to define a party with proper Party Identifier set for the sender. If the sender partner type is LS then the the entire scenario can be defined without party even if the RCVPRT is KU.

But theoritically we shouldn't call it a B2B scenario then- if there are no parties involved at all. But you can still do that practically B2B scenario without party!

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir & sudha,

Thanks for the replys.

Ok , I will go with Partys.

I have one outbound and one Inbound scenario for which control records will be coming as below.

Idoc to File :

<SNDPOR>SAPDL1</SNDPOR>

<SNDPRT>LI</SNDPRT>

<SNDPRN>90000</SNDPRN>

<RCVPOR>SAPXI</RCVPOR>

<RCVPRT>KU</RCVPRT>

<RCVPFC>SP</RCVPFC>

<RCVPRN>36</RCVPRN>

Please let me know what identifiers I need to maintain in Sender Party and Receiver party.

File to Idoc:

<SNDPOR>SAPXI</SNDPOR>

<SNDPRT>KU</SNDPRT>

<SNDPRN>36</SNDPRN>

<SNDPRN>SP</SNDPRN>

<RCVPOR>SAPDL1</RCVPOR>

<RCVPRT>LS</RCVPRT>

<RCVPRN>MAINSAP</RCVPRN>

Please let me know what identifiers I need to maintain in Sender Party and Receiver party and Identifiers in IDoc Communication channel.

1. For Inbound, why can't I hardcode those values in mapping.Will it be any problem?

2. For Outbound, I think compulsarly we need to maintain the identifiers in party's if SNDPRT is "LI" and RECVPRT is "KU" ?

Please let me know.

Regards

Seema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

I appreciate that you chose to go with the parties

That should be called a good design decision.......

Now answering your query regarding the party identifiers

Idoc to File :

<SNDPOR>SAPDL1</SNDPOR> 
<SNDPRT>LI</SNDPRT> 
<SNDPRN>90000</SNDPRN> 
<RCVPOR>SAPXI</RCVPOR> 
<RCVPRT>KU</RCVPRT> 
<RCVPFC>SP</RCVPFC> 
<RCVPRN>36</RCVPRN>

For Sender Party (say party INTERNAL)

Agency : LD1_001

Scheme: ALE#LI

Name: 90000 (vendor number set in WE20 in the R/3)

For Receiver Party (say party EXTERNAL)

Agency: LDI_001 (SID_<client> BS as defined in SLD)

Scheme: ALE#KU#AG (AG for partner function SP)

Name: 36 (customer number set in WE20 in the R/3

This will resolve the IDoc header data into the following XI SOAP header information:

Sender Party - INTERNAL

Sender Service - LD1_001 (say this is the business system defined for logical system SAPLD1

Receiver Party - EXTERNAL.

Though, you can determine the receiver party alongwith the Receiver Service later at RCV DETERMINATION step, as I have said earlier.

Yes, for outbound you have to maintain the identifiers for Sender Party type LI, but you can still skip the Receiver KU type and update the SOAP header at RCV DET step.

File to Idoc:

<SNDPOR>SAPXI</SNDPOR> 
<SNDPRT>KU</SNDPRT> 
<SNDPRN>36</SNDPRN> 
<SNDPFC>SP</SNDPFC>
<RCVPOR>SAPDL1</RCVPOR> 
<RCVPRT>LS</RCVPRT> 
<RCVPRN>MAINSAP</RCVPRN>

For Sender Party (say party INTERNAL)

Agency: LD1_001 (SID_<client>)

Scheme: ALE#KU#AG

Name: 36

For Receiver Party (say party EXTERNAL)

Because the RCVPRT value is LS , no need to set the Receiver Party for that.

But if you want to have some Receiver Party value for the same you can use Header Mapping in receiver agreement.

Mandatory Setup in Receiver IDoc Adapter:

Set the indicator - Apply Control Record Values from Payload

Remember to set the Identifiers in the Identifiers Tab in Idoc channel.

Sender:

Agency : LD1_001 Scehma : ALE#KU#AG

Receiver:

Agency: LD1_001 Schema : ALE#LS

I am not sure why this ALE#LS entry is required, but according to my experience if we don't have that entry, the Idoc Adapter throws error while converting the Receiver Party (considering you use party in the ID configuration for both Sender and Receiver).

Yes you are right, you can hard code the SNDPRN, RCVPRN values in the mapping and can take the values from payload...........for that set the following Indicators in Idoc channel:

Take Sender from Payload

Take Receiver from Payload

Let me know if you have any concerns or any additional observation you make while configuring the scenarios. Thanks.

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

That was an awesome explanation.Thanks a lot and it's working perfectly.Sorry for the delayed update to you.

One more question pls.

For outbound:

I have more than five customer numbers for the same receiver partner.So when I try to give 5 numbers(30,31,32,33,34,36) to ALE#KU in party , it is not allowing showing the warning as

" Check Result for Object PT_TEST1 Agency/scheme pair BS_SAPR3 | ALE#KU must only be used once in the current party.

Any idea how we can go abt this?

PS: I gave two options one as ALE#KU and another one as ALE#KU#AG... but I couldn't able to give more than this

Once again thanks a lot for your support.

Thanks

Seema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seema,

This warning is quite obvious and valid.

When you look at the party configuration from an outbound scenario perspective: you will think - what's the problem? I can have more than one Identifier Values with the same Agency/Scheme pair. All those numbers as BS_SAPR3 | ALE#KU will resolve to the same party. Yes, that sounds logical.

But if we think of the same party being used in the Inbound Scenario? Then can you see a big logical conflict while populating the IDoc header for the SNDPRN value for the corresponding Party? For party "ABC" the Agency/Scheme pair BS_SAPR3 | ALE#KU has multiple values!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which one is correct and how would XI make a decision which one to choose?

So that's quite obvious.

In this case I will suggest you that, do not bother about Configuring the Receiver Party identifiers for the outbound scenario. Just set for one say 36. For other values, Idoc adapter wouldn't be able to resolve the RCVPRN value into a Receiver Party - but that shouldn't be a problem - you can always specify the Receiver Party in Receiver Determination step. This should work as a solution to your problem in hand.

Let me know if this one works as well. It's always good to see that my suggestions being helpful to solve others' problems

Regards,

Suddha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

>>Is it possible for me to create the B2B scenario without using party's?

Well i m working on the same scenario and i m using Party for both KU and LI.

When we send messages from R/3 you will have sender of type LS so you dont need any party in Integration directory for sender,but if the receiver if of type KU,then this must be defined as of type KU in WE20 and use party(for receiver) in Integration directory.

So for IDOC to external partner scenario(KU),you wont have any party on sender side but will have 1 party on the receiver side.

Thanx

Aamir