cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll Interval - delay in file processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to set up the adapter so that there are an delay beetween the file processing. If we in example has 10 files in the directory the adapter will poll every 60 sec - but the XI is fast so my receiver system cannot keep up with the pace. Therefore i need an delay between the file processing. I should be 30 secs or so. This means that 10 files would take 5 minutes to process - and thats my goal.

Any ideas?

/Jakob

former_member601407
Participant
0 Kudos

i am facing the similar issue where SFTP sender channel is picking up all 50 files at a time and sends it to ECC at a time which makes server CPU utilization in ECC high. Where u able to find a solution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use availibilty Time Planning avalable in RWB->Component Monitoring->AdapterEngine->Communication Channel Monitoring->select u r adapter

You will find this option at top Right Corner.

It will Schedule Your channel to pick the files from FTP/ For more info refer SAP Help

Other Option is U can Use OS command in Adapter Wriete u r own Script.

Reward Points If Helpful

Thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don´t think you understand - that solution will still leave the adapter reading 10 files at the same time!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't we use the pre-processing and post-processing OS commands intelligently to achieve the goal? Somehow changing the extension of the source files in sequence (somehow)? I am not sure if any Unix command can help us with that............

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I can see that (as allways...) there are no easy solution to this problem. Let my try to eksplain the scenario more detailed:

1. Files are placed in a Windows directory

2. File adapter read every 60 secs for new files

3. Files are mapped AND SEND BY FTP via an ABAP mapping. The reason for this is technical and cannot be changed right now

4. Dummy file are send to an Windows directory - just to have an endpoint

The problem is in the ABAP mapping because the FTP server who receives the file can only process one file at a time. My problem is that even though i pull every 60 secs there could be more than one file (maybee 10).

I could code a delay in the ABAP mapping but would that work or will the XI process the files in different memory spaces?

Any other ideas?

/Jakob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I think i have found the solution to this issue: a combination of Exactly Once in Order processing AND a WAIT statement in the ABAP mapping.

This means that file processing are done one by one and therefore i can include a Wait in my MAPPING program.

Thanks for all your replies!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

I think you are talking about a Sender File Channel.

You can always set the polling interval for the sender file adapter under the tab "Processing" under tab "Paramete". There is a file adapter parameter "Poll interval (secs)" which is mandatory and by default set to 60. You may change it to "30" and if more precision needed there is another parameter just below it named "Poll interval (msecs)".

you can also set the processing sequence of the input/inbound files - "By Date" or "By Name" to maintina the order of file processing.

Hope this works for you. Let us know.

Regards,

Suddha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are right im talking about the sender channel - sorry. But the problem is still the same and as i metioned above the problem cannot be solved using the poll interval because it gets ALL new files. And if there are more than one new file i need an delay between them!

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

TRY USING QoS EOIO

Thanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

And thats a secret code for what?

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>And if there are more than one new file i need an delay between them!

No. This is not possible. You can not alter this behaviour of File adapter.

Instead you could try this approach if your target system is unable to receive multiple files simultaeously.

Use QoS EOIO. This way you can be sure files are processed one by one and so there will be a small delay while the receiver receives the file.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The QoS (Quality of Service) EOIO as explain you in last post, will pick up the file every 60 sec, but, the fitst one to be delivered to receiver system will be the first one readed. you configure it in CC

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

When you pick up multiple files via sender file adapter,as far as i know,there is no way in adapter communication where you can give a time delay between picking files.

One work around can be to use BPM and over there have a wait step of 30secs.

Thanx

Aamir

former_member601407
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you please let me know on how to use BPM to setup a wait time of 30sec.

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we in example has 10 files in the directory the adapter will poll every 60 sec - but the XI is fast This means that 10 files would take 5 minutes to process

that is no true. if you set up the pool every 60 10 files will be piked up in ten minutes not five.

if you need a delay i recommend you set QoS EOIO in Communication channel. so, the first file proceced sis the first to be delivered. if i canoot be delivered neather the second.

other way is to define a BPM with a delay step every 60 second for example

hope helps

thanks

rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you are mistaken - Poll interval 60 means that the adapter should look for files every 60 secs - som if there since last processing has arrived 10 files it will process them all imidiately. For tecnical reasons i cannot set the delay in the sender channel.

/Jakob

former_member601407
Participant
0 Kudos

I am facing a similar issue on this, let me know how to set BPM for that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you need to set the processing time delay, then go to communication channel for the sender and give the processing time as you wish but in sec and set the processing mode as needed.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam