cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius sp1 issue, label based menu dropping first item?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Has anyone else found they have this issue? I have a dashboard with several horizontal label based menus. Since I installed SP1 I notice that the first item has been dropped from every menu. It's not just a case of it losing the text, it just has a blank holder. The dashboard was working perfectly fine before I installed SP1.

Has anyone else found this?

I've also created a new dashboard from scratch with only label based menus in it. Basically if you have another LBM appearing because of the value in another LBM then the first item in the second LBM vanishes. Classy.

Thanks,

Jeanne

Edited by: Jeanne Chapple on Aug 5, 2008 2:44 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is a bug that is caused by using dynamic visibility to hide the menu. They are working to fix it in the next release. In the mean time, the best work around is to create an additional number one label and have it disappear and all your original labels will show up and work fine (thanks margaret!).

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply.

That isn't really a workaround in this case.

The menus are spaced one on top of each other

A1 B1 C1

A2 B2 C2

The problem is that Xcelsius is not displaying the first item.

A1 B1 C1

NUL B2 C2

(consider the NUL as empty space as this messageboard won't let the empty space appear)

but if I create two first items, it still has a place holder for the first missing item:

A1 B1 C1

NUL A2 B2 C2

so is the only option to shift my menu ever so slightly to the left?

Cheers,

Jeanne

Edited by: Jeanne Chapple on Aug 5, 2008 3:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct, line them up with the 2nd first option and take off the option for a back ground so it won't seem like your missing an option when it disappears.

Another option for a workaround that is a bit more complicated is use 2 backgrounds. 1 for your canvas and 1 to hide your disappearing menu. Instead of using dynamic visibility on your menu (because that is what is causing the problem) use dynamic visibility on your 2nd background to make your menu appear when you want it to.

Hope this helps,

Ben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your reply.

Sigh, what a nightmare. I have 5 levels of these label menus so I'm going to have to go with moving them ever so slightly to the left.

I am really not impressed with this 'service' pack.

Thank you though Ben, much appreciated.

Jeanne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

As much as Ben's reply is helpful, is there any chance of a formal response from Business Objects/SAP. This is a BIG bug and actually I'm rather shocked that this made it through without being spotted in testing.

Thank you,

Jeanne

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue, and thanks to your post I now know this is a known bug.

I agree the workaround is very awkward in my complex dashboards, and I am considering rolling back to the previous version.

I would like to know when this will be fixed, and if a hotfix will be released or do we have to wait for another service pack?