cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF conversion of smartform- Printing Latin -2 characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing a typical issue with Printing of Latin -2 characters in PDFs.

These are characters from the Polish language for e.g. char 'Ń'.

These were originally printing as # in the Production system. After raising a message with SAP, they came up with the advice of uploading Latin-2 fonts using note 141343.

However when I did a test in the sandbox system, the character 'Ń' is replaced by character 'C' and not '#'. This was even before I could upload an appropriate font! I am confused as to why this is happening.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Jitender.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195383
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

This is happening because of the difference in code pages of ur Production System and your Sandbox system..the later sytems codepage is such that it is able identify the Latin characters....

where as the production systems code page is not like that...

Hence please go ahead with uploading the fonts as suggested by SAP.

Because the final output is to be seen in Production system and not in the sandbox system...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is that even if I uploaded the fonts, there is no difference. As metioned the special character Ń is still displayed as C. Because of this, I am not able to understand whether the font upload will work or not.

Regards,

Jitender

former_member195383
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ...

we had a similar kind of problem ..in which the special characters were coming in development and quality systems..but when they were moved to production system..the special characters were not coming and the desire characters were getting printed...this was becuase of the difference betwwen the codepage of dev and production systems.....So i think in your case also the same may work....

Edited by: Rudra Prasanna Mohapatra on Aug 6, 2008 1:15 PM

Answers (0)