cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Mapping - Multiple value for same remote system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a situation where MDM needs to store multiple key values for same system.

Example - MDM Material No 1234

Remote system 1 - material 5678

Remote system 1 - material 5679

5678 and 5679 material needs to be mapped with same material 1234

Is it possible in MDM?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I think your requirement is that syndicator output should syndicate two records one for 5678 & other for 5679 (i.e. two different rows in syndicator output). Rohit this is not possible in MDM Syndicator. It will syndicate only that record which has been maintained default under key mapping in main table (Select record 1234 rt click -> edit key mapping. Note down the default key mapping for given system).

In general you don't need to update all records in backend which are duplicate. With the help of MDM u will identify duplicates & now onward you will maintain only one of that record in backend. If you are still using all duplicate records for your transaction, then one obvious question why you implemented MDM ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

If I have got you right:

Mat 5678 and Mat 5679 are duplicate records with Mat1234 and you wish to maintain their original 5678 and 5679 number as well as 1234 as their global key.

If this is the case then it is possible.When you identify these three records as duplictes through MDM matching .Then when you go for merging step

First select the Mat1234 and Mat5678,the global id for these two records can be one of teh two numbers only So select 1234 as teh merged id.ie when populateing the merged record seelct the Mat1234 material number.

Now whne you see the Mat5678 in edit key mapping you will see the global id as 1234 but the local id 5678 is also maintained in MDM.

For this you need to map the Mat num field from the source to the REmote key field in the Import manger by making the Key mapping as yes in MDM console.

And then clone the mat num field and map to the mat num filed in the repository.

So the material number field are actually present in two fields Remote key field and Material number field.

So while syndicating map the Value field in the source side to the Material number field in the destination .This will give the local id

And map the Remote key field to another created field say Global Id this will store the global ID.

So when synicating you will get both the Ids

Say for eg:

Local Id Global ID Description

Mat5678 Mat1234 Mat1234 is a test material

Follow this link for merging feature in mdm

Follow this link for Remote kep mapping in MDM

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7051c376-f939-2b10-7da1-c4f8f9ee...

Hope it helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is Possible. Firstly For Main table set Property Key Mapping = Yes in MDM Console and During Import using Import Manager Map your Source Material Field with Destination Main table Field Remote Key as well as with your Material Field too if you have maintained in your Repository Main table Structure. So in MDM Data Manager during Merging say give Material = 1234 as you said and after merging right click on the record in Edit Key Mappings you could see :

Remote system 1 - material 5678

Remote system 1 - material 5679

Hope it will Help you,

Rewards if found Useful.....

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like SAP MDM allows to store multiple key value for same remote system. But when i am syndicating out, it only send one key value out not the other one? Can we syndicate both remote key values?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During Syndication if too want to send both the records for the same remotee system firstly in Map Properties select Output Remote Systems. you can also mark tick for Suppress Records without Key

Most Important thing you have to do under Mapping where you have to map your field under {Remote Key} at the top of your Source items with Destination Items Material field: Map -

> Material

then you could able to send both Material ids material 5678

and material 5679 for the same record.

Please Mark the thread as answered if your query solves...

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mandeep for your reply. But some how, it is not working for me to syndicate out two or more records. Remote Key only sends out the last record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is working fine at my side. what you can do just try this it will not take much time to understand you after setting Key Mapping = yes for main table. Go to Data Manager take any two records say material 5678 and material 5679 now Right click on each record for material 5678 put key = 5678 and for material 5679 put key = 5679 now merge these two records during Merging put Material = 1234 manually. now for this single merged record on right click you could able to see both key 5678 and 5679 for same remote system.

Now during Syndicating as i said you in my above posts, In Destination items Create two fields maually say R/3 Material no and MDM Material and map only two source fields say Material no and Value just two understand the concept as i said you could get this value field under Remote keys, during syndication even it will say you syndicating one record but when you see your syndicating text file it will show you two records both with 5678 and 5679.

Hope it will Help you in better understanding,

Rewards if found Useful.....

Thanks,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit.

If I understood Your Question correctly..

You want to store a multiple key values for the same material in the same remote system.

You can do it by mapping multivalue field to the remote key.

so your remote system key will contain the multiple values for the single mastar data object.

Thanks & Regards

Suman Karanam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

First of all i want to know what is the purpose of your mapping two material id with same Material Id.Is it because material 5678 and material 5679 duplicate of material 1234.Please post your requirement so i can help you better .But you can definetly map Material 5678 and material 5679 to material 1234.If you have already imported 1234 and while second importing value mapping 5678 and 5679 to 1234 is possible in MDM.

Regards,

Neethu Joy.