cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Root cause Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currebtly doing the root cause analysis intallation in our solman 7.0 system,sp level is 14 in both Abap and Java .

I have already installed wily on managing system and also in managed systems through SDM.

After that i setup SMD on Managing system using the wizard and now im trying to setup SMD on managing systems .

So when i try to run the Managed systems setup wizard im getting following error

"Instance SRM Server Details

No SMD Agent is currently available (ie not assigned). Please install an agent for sapsbx24 or unassign an existing agent in Agent Administration

Installation Path N/A

Instance Number ....."

Any suggestions please how to resolve this error

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check if the SMD agent is Started in sapsbx24

2. Check the JAVA Connect Parameters

3. Check if you are able to connect via P4/HTTP (i.e.) if you have given proper P4 port/HTTP port while installing. It would be 5xx04 where xx is instance number of sapsbx24

4. Check if the Agent is online in http://<SM HOST>:port/smd --> Diagnostics Adminsitration --> Managed System --> Agent Administration.

This should solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply..

1. Check if the SMD agent is Started in sapsbx24

How should i start the SMD agent in sapsbx24,

should i check at /usr/sap/SMD/J90/SMDAgent

and execute ./smdagent.sh start or is it anything else

2. Check the JAVA Connect Parameters

I didnt get you exactly ,how can we check the java connect parameters ,do you mean in SMICM-GOTO-PARAMETERS-DISPLAY

wht parameters should be checked here.

3. Check if you are able to connect via P4/HTTP (i.e.) if you have given proper P4 port/HTTP port while installing. It would be 5xx04 where xx is instance number of sapsbx24

Please let me know the steps for above check

Thank you.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which OS are you on (Satellite System)?

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on AIX ,and the managed systems are NW2004 ;

Should i install the SMD agent in the respective managed systems at OS level ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also i have already checked the managed systems and for systems which have java stack ;

i have executed the ./smdagent.sh start ( /usr/sap/SMD/J90/SMDAgent ) and now are alive.

where as for other systems like ERP,GTS,SCM we dont have the SMD folder ,so does that mean that i have to install the SMD agent in these systems (from market place i downloaded CDSMDTOOLS21_0-10003527.SAR)

Kindly advise,im struck in between and this is really confusing ....

Thank you.

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need to install SMD agents in all Satellite systems (whichever you want to monitor).

I have to go through AIX inst. guide for SMD.

Give me a day's time.

--Ragu