cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Insert/Update/ Delete

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are updating some information in the Backend (SYBASE) database from a Legacy file.

(File to XI to JDBC).

We are able to Insert or update or Delete.

1) If I want to know how many rows were affected because of the above DML operations, how should I do

2) Also, I have the Transaction roll back in the JDBC adapter and if there is some issue with the Data then in the Run Time work Bench, my JDBC adapter shows the RED button(Which is OK), but in my message Monitoring my job indicates its a successful job. any idea how can we manage this situation.

Thanks friends.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

>>(File to XI to JDBC).

>>Run Time work Bench, my JDBC adapter shows the RED >>button(Which is OK), but in my message Monitoring my >>b indicates its a successful job.

In such situations messages in SXMB_MONI will have checkered flag, as the messages were successfully transmited from XI Integration engine to the Adapter Engine. But in RWB, you will see these messages as either failed or waiting (retry mode)

>>any idea how can we manage this situation.

what do u want to do here?? raise an alert?? retry more than 3 times (default XI parameter)

let me know and i can suggest you

cheers,

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

>>Also, I have the Transaction roll back in the JDBC adapter and if there is some issue with the Data then in the Run Time work Bench, my JDBC adapter shows the RED button(Which is OK), but in my message Monitoring my job indicates its a successful job. any idea how can we manage this situation.

If it is a asynchromous message then the staus of the message on IE will be successful as there is no response coming back.

Incase of synchrounous messages you will get the immidiate response and message stops with an error.

As mentioned in the previous posts you can monitor the status of your asynchronous messages on Adapter Engine through Runtime Workbench.

Regards

Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Regarding question no 2, were you doing the message monitoring for the messages in the Adapter Engine?

Select the option "Adapter Engine" from the drop down for "Messages from Component", before doing the selection of the messages.

I was just verifying this & if you are already doing this, pls ignore my reply...

Thanks,

Renjith.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>1) If I want to know how many rows were affected because of the above DML operations, how should I do

have a look at:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2e/96fd3f2d14e869e10000000a155106/content.htm

<update_count>count</update_count>

<insert_count>count</insert_count>

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>