Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

As commonly known, Route is determined on the basis of 4 parameters

1. Departure Zone (3 zones maintained)

2. Transportation Zone (5 zone maintained)

3. Transportation Group (2 groups maintained)

4. Shipping Condition (2 conditions maintained)

There is a limitation on part of my client to increase the departure zone and the transportation zone for some reason. And Transportation group and Shipping conditions do not server the purpose. I suggested that we create 2 Z-tables viz. one containing the departure zone which will be determined on the basis of plant and the other containing the Transportation Zone which will be determined on the basis of the city of the ship-to-Party. These 2 parameters from the Z-Tables and the other parameters viz. the Transportation Group and the Shipping Conditions should be picked from where they are currently being picked. Route should be determined by the system as is being determined on the 4 parameters (2 from Z-Tables and 2 parameters in the regular way).

Kindly suggest if it is possible while creating a Standard order to determine the route using the logic given above.

If you can suggest some other way, please do suggest.

Awaiting reply urgently,

Regards

Vineet Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You may be having eg., five routes for one combination of departure zone..etc. Then what is the criteria for selecting the route in the order. Does the client has specific conditions like - different materials should use different routes.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Nothing of that sought. Ravi I have thought of something and would like to explain the same and I hope it is possible with the standard system using a user exit.

This is what I have thought -

As already known to all, route is determined through the four parameters as follows

1. Departure Zone (3 zones maintained in the system of the client)

2. Transportation Zone (3 zones maintained in the system of the client zone maintained)

3. Transportation Group (2 groups maintained in the system of the clientmaintained)

4. Shipping Condition (2 conditions maintained in the system of the client)

With the above combination, only 60 route combinations are possible where as the client is maintaining more than 300 routes.

For some reason, the client does not want to increase the Transportation zones and the Departure Zones.

What I have thought is that we can pick the two values viz Transportation Zone and the Departure Zone from the two Z-Tables maintained seperately.

The first Table for Departure Zone would be as follows

1st column - Plant, 2nd column - Description of the Plant, 3rd Column - Departure Zone and the fourth column - Description of the Departure Zone. This table will be determined after checking the plant in the sales order and then based on the plant, the departure zone will be determined

The second table for Transportation Zone will be as follows

1st column - City, 2nd column Transportation Zone and the 3rd column will be the Description of the transportation Zone. After checking the ship-to-party's city address and after passing it in the table, it will pick up the second paramenter i.e. the transportation Zone.

The other 2 parameters viz the Transportation Group and Shipping Condition will be picked in the normal way.

These four parameneters when passed in the normal way for determination of route shuld determine the route as maintained in the route determination.

I hope you will now be able to comprehend my idea.

Can you let me know if it is possible to do the changes as required by me in the standard system using a standard user exit or some other way? If so which program should I ask the the ABAP consultant to work on during the the creation of Sales Order.

If anyone else can suggest something different, do let me know.

Regards

Vineet Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Route Determination Configuration.

Step: 1

Define Modes of Transport

Path: Sprou2014Logistics Executionu2014Transportationu2014Basic Transportation Function---Routesu2014Define Routesu2014Define Modes of Transport.

Step: 2

Define Shipping Types

Path: Under the Same Menu path---Define Shipping Types

Select New Entries and Assign the Shipping Type (e.g. Road or Train) and Assign Mode of Transport (Mdtr) and Assign Shipping type Procedure group.

Step: 3

Define Transportation Connection Point

Path: Under the Same Menu path--- Define Transportation Connection Point.

Step: 4

Define Routes and Stages.

Path: Under the Same Menu path--- Define Routes and Stages.

Select the New Entries and Enter the Details

Then Select the Routes stages and define

Step: 5

Maintain Stages for all Routes.

Path: Under the Same Menu path---Maintain Stages for all Routes.

Step: 6

ROUTE DETERMINATION

Define Transportation Zone

Path: Sprou2014Logistics Executionu2014Transportationu2014Basic Transportation Function---Routesu2014Route Determinationu2014Define Transportation Zone.

Step: 7

Maintain County and Transportation Zone for Shipping Point.

Path: Under the Same Menu path--- Maintain County and Transportation Zone for Shipping Point.

Select the Shipping point and enter the Country and Transportation Zone

Step: 8

Define Transportation Groups.

Path: Under the Same Menu path---Define Transportation Groups

step: 9

Maintain Route Determination

Path: Under the Same Menu path--Maintain Route Determination.

Go to Customer master data.

In Address of General data. Enter the Transportation Zone id. and save

U will get the route.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Edited by: Rajesh Banka on Aug 6, 2008 5:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

The solution that you have given is a standard process for determining Route.

I am looking for something different. Please go through the requirement again.

Regards

Vineet Jain

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The reason mentioned above is not clear. Please explain.

The departure zone is picked from the shipping point and the Transportation zone of SH is picked from the Customer Master Record of that SH. How the same plant can exist in three different zones and the same SH existing in 5 different zones.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

As mentioned in my requirement, that there is a limitation by which my client cannot increase the departure zone and the transportation zone.

With the existing combinations of

1. Departure Zone (3 zones maintained)

2. Transportation Zone (5 zone maintained)

3. Transportation Group (2 groups maintained)

4. Shipping Condition (2 conditions maintained)

I cannot have more that 60 routes combinations. But my client is using more than 300 routes.

I hope I have cleared your doubt.

Regards

Vineet Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I suggest u that you can manually enter the route in the delivery.

thanks

Kuntla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kunthla,

They are already entering route manually and they want it to be done manually and hence this issue.

Regards

Vineet Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kuntha,

I am sorry for the wrong communication. They are already enetering the route manually and they want it to be done automatically.

Regards

Vineet Jain