cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow does not start upon status changes in the cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

***Issue has been resolved ****

I am unable to start a workflow (sample workflow WS28700006 delivered by SAP) from my cProject. I have implemented all the configuration changes as per the configuration guide 3.1 section 5.13 and 5.14. including the notes 558108 and 558110. However, 558108 and 558110 references a workflow template WS28700004, which we do not have it. I am new to SAP. Can someone help me?

-Roy

Message was edited by: Roy Mathew Jos'Land

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you check whether the workflow is active. If so start the workflow manually and see whether it works or not

Cheers

Badri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Badri:

I have fixed that issue. Issue was with the RFC destination.

Can you please help me with the EmailAddress passing issue:

If I hardcode an email address in the workflow WS28700001 step, it sends out the email without any problem. But if I select "&TASK_ID.EMAILADDRESS&" (delivered by SAP)in the workflow, workflow errors out because there is no EMailAddress set at the TASK_ID in the container. All other fields such as (ProjectID, ProjectText, Phase..) are passed correctly.

Thanks,

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Before I answer can you check whether the task is assigned to someone and the user has an email address filled in. Check also the business partner side of the user.

If these information are there then check the container where the project id and other information are stored. this might give you a clue where the emailaddress is being derived and why its missing.

Hope its of some help

Cheers

badri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Badri:

Thanks for your reply. Your email helped me to double check the employee configuration at the Business partner transaction. During my trouble shoot, I have found that cProject does not take the e-mail address configured at the Communication section under the Address tab. I expected this e-mail address will traslated to Task_ID.EmailAddress. It is strange why there is a data entry area if it is not used! Instead, it takes "User" data of the Employee under the Identification tab and traslate the email address of that user data for communication. I have two employee names configured with my UserId (One as PM and the other as developer). When I used my id for the second user, SAP application erased the userid from the first user. That is it was blank for the first user.

-Roy

bjoern_panter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi guyes,

for this issue we provided some OSS notes about workflow and cprojects.

You have to maintain Business Partner and add there the Email Adress in adress data.

Further the Business Partner ( as role of employee or resource) must be assigned to a project role and this role must be resonsible for the task.

Further ensure that the Workflow header and Events are activated. Also for the Workflow Task, the ebents must be activated.

Then it should work. If not, please open an oss message.

regards

Björn