cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buttons, etc. not working on Interactive Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I've set up an interactive form using tx SFP and am using a WD to test the javascript checks I built in.

However, when I run my script, I can't modify anything, just like it would be a Print-Based form. I've looked over quite a few settings though I'm probably still missing a crucial one. I've got the feeling my form is just print-based ...

The WD element I'm using is InteractiveForm of course, the form should work. It does not however.

Cheers,

Frederik-Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You did not mention what settings you made. For WD Abap u need to set the following properties for the Interactive Element:

Enabled: chek the checkbox

displayType: Native - if you are using ZCI based forms or xACF - if you are using ACF based forms

In transaction SFP on the properties tab the layout property should be the same value as what you set in the displayType mentioned previously.

Also make sure that your form is set as a dynamic PDF ie. Goto the Layout tab in SFP-> select Edit menu item from the designer-> form properties. Select the "defaults tab". Preview Type should be "Interactive form" and XDP Preview Format should be "..dynamic PDF".

Regards

Thashin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I put the layout to ZCI and made all the changes you suggested, still the form can't be adjusted (buttons pressed, checkboxes ticked, textfields typed in, etc.).

Could this issue be related to the Interface? It's an ABAP Dictionary IF, whereas a working one I used to test JavaScript on uses an XML-Schema IF. This IF is set to Generated, however it's not possible for me to choose that option in SFP, not when creating a new IF, definitely not when trying to modify the one I'm currently using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes that could be the problem. All of my interfaces are XML-Schema based and the source is generated. However i dont understand why you cant change it in SFP. I tried it out and it was possible for me to change. What is happening when you are trying to change it?

Regards

Thashin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm getting the following error :

You cannot change XML schema source to "Generated"

Quite simply the error message ... When I create a new IF I get the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How exactly are you creating the form. Are you creating in SFP first and then inserting the name in the WD app OR are you using forward navigation in WD to create the form. I am using the WD forward navigation and simply inserting a new name in the template source property of the adobe form and when you double click it then it asks whether you want to create the form and you just click yes. It defaults the IF to xml-schema based and generated. If you are not doing it this way then try it.

Regards

Thashin

sagar-acharya
Participant
0 Kudos

This might help.

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use WDP-Native Submit button. Hope this might solve the issue and the Interactive Form properties - Display type-Native. and Root UI Element Container-Flow type.

Hope this works.

Answers (0)