Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error In Derived Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing SRM5.0

We have prepared Derived Roles copyed with Standard Roles for testing and added the Objects and T.Codes.

Role created --> ( B_D_SRM_PURCHASER_M51 )

Once we logged in with the user ID with this role the next screen show the following error.

Kindly help me make me understand where I need to do the correction for the same.

ERROR

Runtime Errors ITS_ERRMSG_EXCEPTION

Short text

Error message occurred.

The ITS service "bbpstart" had to be terminated because the Web AS has sent

the following error message:

Error message: " You are not authorized to use Transaction BBPGLOBAL"

Message type: "E"

Points would be awarded for help

BR,

Vijay Mittal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check with SU53 and consult with BAsis consultant.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is your support package level of SRM_SERVER. If you are havining SRM_SERVER 550 and package level SAPKIBKT07 then you will get ITS_ERRMSG_EXCEPTION

Please upgrade ypur support pakage.

Reason for this dump: You use the browser to work with the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system. In some cases, "ITS_ERRMSG_EXCEPTION" error pages are displayed (if you are using the integrated SAP Internet Transaction Server ITS 6.40 or 7.00). For example, this occurs because the user has no authorization for this transaction. However, the user does not immediately see what the problem is.

And you can ignore this message as well if you are not getting any complain from customer side.

Please find SAP Note: Note 1129873 - SRM template for SAPMSYST_40 (2)

Regards,

Krushna Biswal

Edited by: Krushna Biswal on Aug 18, 2008 8:50 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Whenever you are trying to build a custom role, please use the SAP_EC_BBP_EMPLOYEE as the base role, as this role carries most of the basic authorizations with respect to HR data and vital services in SRM.

Then on top of it, you can add the necessary t-codes in the roles menu or you can remove the unnecessary t-codes to clean up your custom role.

This had been one among my crucial learning in my SRM projects. You can just compare the authorization objects of the SAP_EC_BBP_EMPLOYEE & your new custom role; then you will be able to understand the difference.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Kathirvel