cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File permission changing!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i am facing a strange problem with File permission.

my scenario is Idoc to file.

the requiremnet is to post file in a particular folder ABC in SAP application server using NFS.once a file is posted its processed within 30 second(deleted)

But the problem i am facing is.

files are posted with permission -rw-rr ,where as it should have minimum permission -rw-rw-r--

but if am uploading any file manually using cg3z transacction its permission is -rw-rw-r--.

we have given all access to the user reposible for posting the file....

i am using FCC .

any solution guyz?

Regards

Biplab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When using NFS as the file protocol, the files are written and read using the user "SID"ADM.

Make sure that the folder to which the files are being written to and from are accessible to the SID+ADM with all required authorizations.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that´s an OS configuration for XI user.

Try to set the default permissions for new files with umask comand. To test it, logged in a shell in your Unix, try to execute the following commands:

echo "test1" >> test1.txt

umask 002

echo "test2" >> test2.txt

Check the permissions for the new files test1.txt and test2.txt. The test2.txt should have the permissions -rw-rw-r--.

If it works as you want, you must set this default umask 002 to XI user.

Hope it helps.

Vitor Zaninotto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The fiel permisssion will always be -rw-rr from XI side. But you can change the permissions by using the OS commands after processing option.

Refer

http://www.aota.net/Script_Installation_Tips/changemode.php4

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the authorization of the userid your are trying to do the file manipulation in XI.

Thnz

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your problem is not able to delete the files by the other application which is using the files, gice proper authorizations on that folder for that user. I do not think it is problem on your side.

VJ