Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Please clear my confusion regarding no of parametes in profiles

When we used to see the parameter through RSPARAM program it show aprox 2000 parameters.

But when we used to see through RZ10 it show hardly 10 to 20 parameters in each profiles i.e. Start, Default, Instance

Now Question is where is all these parameters are stored?

If I add/new entry in profiles for these parameters it may cause duplicacy.

If not what is the machanism behind it?

Please............

Regards

Dharmendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes... you're confused.

Parameters are stored on the DEFAULT.pfl and <instance>.pfl profile files located on /usr/sap/<sid>/SYS/profile, basically the list that you see in RSPARAM is all the parameters available. The way that it works is usually if you can't see a parameter in your profile is because is either disabled or is using SAP default value.

It will not cause duplicates because once the paramater is create in the profile it will overrule the previous value.

Regards

Juan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Until and unless you change or modify the parameters you can not see then in RZ10.

But using the program RSPARAM you will find all the parameters,as said by juan once you create a new parameter and set a value in RZ10 the defualt values will be overwritten.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check this

it may clear ur doubt too...

Also FYI---

As long as the parameters are not maintained in the Instance or default profiles the system cannot determine the parameter values.

Goto TU02 and click on select and give the date of installation. You can see the list of active parameters.

<removed_by_moderator>

Please read the "Rules of Engagement"

Edited by: imran mulani on Aug 5, 2008 1:17 PM

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Aug 5, 2008 2:31 PM